Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Wayne — Jamaica
Best Buy
bestbuy.com Internet United States of America

Best Buy I purchased a laptop which was delivered to the wrong address. Best Buy indicated that UPS, the delivering company, has launched an investigation to ascertain why the the laptop was delivered to the w I purchased a laptop which was delivered to the wrong address. Best Buy indicated that UPS, the delivering company, had launched an investigation to ascertain why the laptop was delivered to the wrong Internet

*Consumer Comment: You should be in CSI

I purchased a laptop which was delivered to the wrong address. Best Buy indicated that UPS, the delivering company, had launched an investigation to ascertain why the laptop was delivered to the wrong address. I was told by Best Buy that the UPS takes 10 business days to complete their investigation. UPS indicated to me that it takes 8 business days to do so which is in consistent with the 10 days Best Buy mentioned. I was told by Best Buy, Today, 2012 December 27, that UPS notified
BEST BUY that the item could not be located, therefore they were giving me a refund. I requested a confirmation email that I would be refunded on the basis that the item could not be located by UPS. Best obliged by sending an email confirming the refund but what surprised me is that I was informed that I am getting a refund because of a price differential. I strongly believe that the
item was retrieved and is being put up for sale at a higher price than what I had purchased it for on Cyber Mondays.

I contacted the location, 6703 NW 7street, Doral Florida where the item was delivered to and was told that the item is scheduled for pickup which confirms that will be retrieved and be sold at a higher price.  I am requesting that this report be sent to the Agency in charge of monitoring the business conduct of BEST BUY. I live in Jamaica, W.I.

This report relates to UPS tracking # 1Z86V8034237194454&InquiryNumber2=&InquiryNumber3=&InquiryNumber4=&InquiryNumber5=&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&track.x=37&track.y=6.  and order # BBY01-537033015142

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/internet/Best-Buy-I-purchased-a-laptop-which-was-delivered-to-the-wrong-address-Best-Buy-indicated-988000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

You should be in CSI

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Wow..what a conspiracy theory.

So your claim is that Best Buy is so determined to re-sell the laptop at a higher price that they intentionally tell UPS to ship it to the wrong address.  Now, I hope you agree that a major part of this scheme is to guarantee that they get the Laptop back, in order for this to happen the person that receives it must be in on this grand scheme as well.  So in the end, they actually pay it to be shipped twice, spend extra money in labor dealing with the customer(you), and paying off their "safe house".  All in the hopes that the laptop MAY sell for a higher price at some point in the future.   Yea...that is so much easier than the other complaints you hear when stores just tell someone the item is out of stock.

But you don't stop there.  You were actually able to get the address of the place it was delivered to.  I guess the person at UPS or Best Buy who let this information out wasn't in on this grand scheme.  Now, it doesn't even stop there.  You used your further deductive skills to actually find the phone number and contact the person the laptop was delivered to.

Sure this is a totally believable scenario and doesn't make anyone think that you are leaving something off.  By the way what did Best Buy say when you told them you found the laptop and it was still waiting to be picked up.