Complaint Review: Best Buy

• Reported By: George — Lafayette Louisiana
Best Buy
Internet USA

Best Buy Intuitive Way To Scam Buyer Internet

*Author of original report: Problem finally solved

I ordered A Sony-VA10 14" Touch-Screen Laptop online from Best Buy for $718.19 which was to be picked up at a local store in my hometown. I cancelled the order via phone and told Customer Service I would not pick it up. Customer Service said it would refund my credit card.

With my receipt was a download link for a 1-year subscription for Kaspersky Internet Security (2013) that I did not order. The receipt included a download link for the antivirus.

A few days later my credit card was refunded the amount of $664.20 which was $53.99 less than the charge.  I called Customer Service to get an explanation why the full amount was not refunded. The agent said it was to pay for the Kaspersky subscription.

I told the agent that I never ordered this antivirus, I had my own installed, I never downloaded the "free" Kaspersky version, and wanted a full refund.

The agent put me in contact with Kaspersky Customer Service who agreed to refund the $53.99 after 30 days.

Best Buy's advertised price for the laptop was$718.19 with nothing mentioned that this price included $53.99 for a 1-year subscription for Kaspersky Internet Security (2013). Whithout doubt, Best Buy would have received a kick-back from Kaspersky for this sale. Iff this does not fit the basic definition of a scam and gouging, nothing does.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Buy/internet/Best-Buy-Intuitive-Way-To-Scam-Buyer-Internet-1072538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy

Problem finally solved

AUTHOR: George - ()

After 30 days I called Best Buy about my refund. Best Buy offered me a $50 gift certificate. I refused the offer and demanded the full $53.99 refunded to my credit card. The money was refunded a few days latr.