Complaint Review: Best Choice Cameras

• Reported By: Shari from Iowa — Sioux City Iowa
Best Choice Cameras
Internet, New York USA

Best Choice Cameras, More4Less Digital Giant Scam Internet New York

I was on the Internet and Googled this Camera I wanted, compared prices and went with the cheapest price.  After I placed my order I got an E-mail saying I should call this number and the extension number and ask for William.  He told me he needed the 3 number code on back of my credit card which he said I had forgotten, later I realized I couldn't have placed the order without it so that was the first lie. He then wanted to know why I didn't order a battery and charger.  I said they come with the camera, he said No Canon quit putting them in the camera a long time ago.  I asked the price and he told me, so when I figured it up it was about the same price as the next cheapest one on the internet.  I said I would think about it and let him know.  He then said no, either  I do it now or the price would raise. I said okay and kind of had a funny feeling about it.  I then went back to the sites I had looked at before and they all came with batteries and chargers.  I called back and the man that answered said he was not the man I had talked to before, but I knew it was him.  I told him what I had found out and he said their batteries were not near as good as the one he had, it lasted 5 hours and was a much better battery, so I said go ahead. Long story short I did some more checking and by this time knew I had been scammed so called and said I wanted to cancel and he said it had already been shipped. I then called my credit card company and they couldn't stop the transaction.

I refused the camera when it came and then the Credit Card Company did an investigation and I did not have to pay for the camera, however I had to pay a restocking fee and the fee for shipping it back.  It was an eyeopening experience and I would not recommend these outfits to anyone.  It was one lie after another and whoever this guy is he is very rude and should not be allowed to sell anything.  BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Choice-Cameras-/Internet-New-York/Best-Choice-Cameras-More4Less-Digital-Giant-Scam-Internet-New-York-1066940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Choice Cameras