Complaint Review: Best Choice Movers

• Updated: Tue, July 23, 2013

• Reported By: Hussna — Brighton Massachusetts
Best Choice Movers
204-17 Hillside Ave Suite # 308, Hollis, NY 11423 Hollis, New York USA

Best Choice Movers I hired a moving company that made be rebuild my own furniture despite contract stating they would do it. They broke my stuff, lost my boxes and will not compensate me or even acknowledge that they go the photos.They ignore me, I've asked to speak to the manager who will never speak to me, now I want to know the owners name! Hollis New York

I am feeling so helpless with a moving company called best choice moving company from NY. I initially got an estimate for $880 & that was going to include everything, only to be charged $1400 when they actually got there. I was told that the lamps, coffee table glass & paintings would cost extra, so I packed them myself & put then in my car. Total still turned out to be $1400. Next the drivers demanded $40 tip each, there were 3 of them. I was then told that the movers would be there the following day in the morning. Then I was told the following day that it would be the day after. My contract had a delivery date of 1-2 days. After the second day when I tried to get a hold of someone they yelled at me that they didn't know, and after that it was impossible to get hold of them. I sent multiple emails which I will forward to you. But finally after calling & calling they pick up to tell me that the shipment would be 5 days after the expected delivery date. [continued below]....

..... I asked to speak to the manager suzanna multiple times but never heard from her. I also asked for a decrease price because this service was horrendous, & only decreased by $100. Then I get told that the movers would be at my place from 6-8 pm, they actually show up at 12:30am. They movers left NY at 7pm, & the dispatcher kept telling he'd be there, just a little late. No definitive answers until I kept calling until someone picked up, only to tell me that are hours away, but definitely coming & couldn't turn back. I'm a surgeon & I had to operate that morning...this Was not fair.

Finally when they show up...only 2 guys, not 3 they didn't know they were supposed to assemble my furniture. They had no tools & wanted me to do it myself, or I had to pay full price up front before they unloaded the truck. I refused, & they finally agreed to take my stuff off the truck if I helped them assemble my own furniture, with my own tools that we had to get from my boxes. So I was up till 3 am building my own furniture, only to find my dresser mirror was shattered in the shipment. I've called on numerous occasions & can't seem to get last Kelly the service representative. I get ignored every time. I'm afraid that they will not process my insurance claim for my dresser mirror unless they are pushed. As well as the fact that I want some of my money back since they broke the contract that said assembly & dissemble were part of their jobs...not Mine at 3 am. Please help me!!! They lost two of my boxes with my kitchen stuff. So I reported them to the BBB after all this. They admitted finally to the BBB that they did not reassemble my furniture for me, which again, part of my contract. I asked for a fair amount to me returned which I said I would pay the original estimate of $880.

Today I get told that they would only give me $150 back...they broke the contract, lost my stuff, broke my stuff, was days later than they said, which again part of their contract (1-2 days delivery) which they admitted again to the BBB. I have written emails and saved all of them. Newest development is that the customer service rep that spoke to the BBB saying they would compensate me will not call me back. The company still won't acknowledge that I sent them the pics of my broken items. I spoke to the BBB rep and he said that the company will probably ignore him too and kinda left it at that. I don't know who else to go to, I've also reported them to the Dept of Consumer affairs and have heard nothing. This gonna is stealing from people and they should be held accountable and stop ignoring me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2013 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Choice-Movers/Hollis-New-York-11423/Best-Choice-Movers-I-hired-a-moving-company-that-made-be-rebuild-my-own-furniture-despite-1069494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Choice Movers