Complaint Review: Best Clean

Best Clean
32 Rutgers Street New Brunswick, New Jersey United States of America

Best Clean Whole House Duct Cleaning New Brunswick, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: I had an almost identical experience

Purchased a whole house duct cleaning from BestClean through AmazonLocal for $39.  When the technician arrived, he informed us that he'd have to charge us an additional $250.  We showed him the door and got a refund from AmazonLocal.

This was after multiple missed appointments.  They committed to a time range and date and never showed... twice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Clean/New-Brunswick-New-Jersey-08901/Best-Clean-Whole-House-Duct-Cleaning-New-Brunswick-New-Jersey-966581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Clean

I had an almost identical experience

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

I purchased a whole house duct cleaning (plus dryer duct) from Bestclean from Groupon.  Their representative arrived almost 2 hours late, inspected my home and then told me it would cost an additional $264 to clean my furnace ducts and vents.  I was not informed about the potential additional charges when I booked the service, assuming that it was an introductory/promotional rate.  It's not.  It's simply a means for the company to get inside your home and sell you a service that you thought you had already paid for.  My tech did not do any heating duct cleaning at all, and Bestclean made excuses as to why they could not at least do the minimum work they advertised, claiming that not cleaning the entire system could "damage" it.  I had their tech snake out my dryer vent, and he managed to break one of the louvers on my vent cap because he was too lazy to remove the cap and simply forced the louvers out of their holders, snapping one in half.  I'll will now need to repair the results of my "deal".

I will now attempt to obtain a refund from Groupon, but I'm primarily concerned about making note about the way this company markets it's services.

I guess I should have been suspicious of a "too good to be true offer", because they usually are just that... too good to be true.