Complaint Review: Best Drug Rehabilitation

• Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: Tangie — Tucson Arizona United States of America
Best Drug Rehabilitation
300 Care Center Drive, Manistee, MI 49660 Internet United States of America

Best Drug Rehabilitation N/A Misleading, Deceitful, Domineering, Manipulative,fabricated, Internet

*Author of original report: I Honestly only retracted from what I said about Best Drug Rehabilitation only to help out my Mom

*Author of original report: Retract on the bdr report

Dear, BBB
I am writing you today to notify you about an issue I had with  Best Drug Rehabilitation.
My brother and I have found a place to take my mom to get off her addiction to opian medication. A recruiter named Stephan phone number 269-352-0654 or 269-704-7573 that works with Best Drug Rehabilition had told my brother and I that he had a scholarship to help her be able to go to a 30,000 rehabilition.

Our Insurance covered 20,000 and he had gaven us a 10,000 scholarship. This also included a flight to Michigian and a flight back home to Tucson. He had also said he would be her counciler;see her daily and would help her or would help buy her anything she had needed in there so that way she would go. He persuaded her to go to Best Drug Rehabilition and once she had got there she had realized Stephan had lied.

She would have to pay her own way back and he has only met her once since she has been there for 3 weeks. Best Drug Rehabilition had not told her it was a religious place and do scientoligy there which her religion is chrisitian. They have her and so many others they minipulated into going stuck with no way home as my mom would be. They also promised them a flight home and also did not mention their religion. The people my mom are in there with are as well  frustrated, depressed and stranded.

From Monday - Saturday 9:30am to 5:30pm and from 7:30-9:30 locked in a room together praying to ashtrays asking the ashtray to "stand up" and "sit down." My mom's religion is not scientoligy and she does not pray to ashtrays as well as the majority of people in there with her who were also tricked into going. Once my mom had told us what was going on almost 3 weeks after her arrival at Best Drug Rehabilition we booked her a flight. The company was listening to out phone conversations and did not let my mom contact any of us. They did try to hold her there after notifiying them she was a christian. They also called my brother trying to persuade him not to buy the ticket.

They were mad at my mom and my mom has told me she can not tell me everything that is going on in Best Drug Rehabilition because she said she would  get in trouble for telling us. She feels as if she doesnt have privacy or freedom of speech. We went from spending 0dollars to having to spend over 500 dollars because of Best Drug Rehabilition lies. My mom has told me since they have been open 4 suicides have occured within one year after leaving Best Drug Rehabilition. Please help us and other families that have members stranded.

Thank You for all you time and future help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Drug-Rehabilitation/internet/Best-Drug-Rehabilitation-NA-Misleading-Deceitful-Domineering-Manipulativefabricated-945876. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Drug Rehabilitation

AUTHOR: Celeste - (United States of America)

The story I first wrote was true. This moment my mom is on an airplane being flown back home only because I retracted from what I said about Best Drug Rehabilitation. The moment I submitted this report we got a call from Best Drug Rehabilition on 9/24/12 bribing my brother and I to retract from our statement we had wrote earlier and they would refund our ticket we bought her a few days prior to this statement.

They also said they would put her in a hotel the remaining days she spent waiting for her flight home and would even pay for her shuttle. Only if we retracted from our statment on 9/24/12. My mom had told us they kept her and a group of others in a room for many, many hours without any contact with family because I had wrote such a true but negitive statment about Best Drug Rehabiltion. She also told me they had tried brainwashing her by making her and other patients in Best Drug Rehabilitation watch the same video every single day.

She also mentioned when she told Best Drug Rehabilition about Stephan misleading her about the program they had told her they had gotten rid of him as in fired. A week or so passed and she soon realized that he was not fired and he had still worked there. My understanding of this place is incrediably insane. It is a colt. Praying to ashtrays is not my way or my familys way of religion. She said during detox they had her four hours away from where she was origianlly was suppose to be but could not contact us because she was in detox.

This place sent her to a an unknown place for detox when origanilly was suppose to be in the SAME building. My mom and many others have been lied to and have been troubling with their emotions because of Best Drug Rehabilition. While my mother and others  went to get help with their addiction Best Drug Rehabilition was having her and others pray to ashtrays 95% of the time. Which is really irrealivent. I and others want this Institution shut down. It is not a place to go for any kind of Addiction problems, this place is ONLY good for Scientoligy. Please help us and other families get this Institution shut down!!!!

Retract on the bdr report

AUTHOR: Celeste - (United States of America)

I am sorry for any inconvenience or problems that arose from the previous statement that was made. It was written out of anger, confusion, and a terrible miss communication from both parties.

I completely retract what was written in my original report it was a hasty and childish thing to write. I just hope that The Best Drug Rehabilitation name is not tarnished and they can find it in their hearts to forgive my naivete.