Complaint Review: Best Homes Services Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, October 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Sandra — Upper Marlboro Maryland United States of America
Best Homes Services Inc.
3601 Commerce Drive, #113 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Best Homes Services Inc. Worst Service, Unprofessional, Unfair Pricing, False Advertisement, Lies, Deception, Tricks, Con Job Baltimore, Maryland

*Author of original report: Bird's Nest Left in Dryer Vent

Unfortunately, I used Best Homes Services Inc. on two separate occasions, before I realized I was being RIPPED OFF.   The first time was on June 7, 2011 and the bill totalled $1,313.00.   This HIGH bill had HIDDEN COSTS, that I was unhappy with; however, I paid because at the time I was also told by MAURICE, the technician, I would have a warranty for my next cleaning service.  The warranty and the high cost were SCAMS.

During the second visit on Oct. 12, 2012, Maurice returned and added soot sealing (not agree to) for an additional $332.00.  The visit was supposedly under warranty, but totalled $650.00 (more HIDDEN COSTS).  Maurice damaged my dryer ventalitation system which was only supposed to clean.  He did not securely reconnect the vent to the back of the dryer. [continued below]....
.....  After he left, my dryer would not heat properly.  I called WAYNE (a manager), (who did not give me his last name).  After a stern exchange, in which he FIRST denied the problem, WAYNE said another technician would come to my home to check the problem.  WAYNE was unprofessional and rude - trying to intimidate me.

WARNING:  DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.  THIS COMPANY TAKES ADVANTAGE OF IT'S TECHNICIANS AND IT'S CUSTOMERS.  The technicians are contracted through this company and are encouraged to charge high prices for unnecessary added services to increase their take home pay.  The company encourages it's technicians to use deception and tricks (such as saying they found mold or other unknown problems) to make more money.  I was told my carpet (five rooms, two short hallways, two small sets of steps) would cost $700.00 to clean (charging extra for stains) but after I refused to pay that HIGH cost, the price was dropped to $200.00 (however, after the cleaning, stains were still left on the carpet).  I believe the company charges the technicians for use of equipment, cleaning supplies and  customer contacts.  Also, technicians pay for their own gas.  This company does not care about it's customers.  The company's only concern is making as much money as they can, even using FRAUD / DECEPTION / TRICKERY.  The technician is encouraged to add hidden and unnecessary costs.   This is THEFT.  Customers are being ROBBED of our hard earned money by these con artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Homes-Services-Inc/Baltimore-Maryland-21227/Best-Homes-Services-Inc-Worst-Service-Unprofessional-Unfair-Pricing-False-Advertiseme-958720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Homes Services Inc.

Bird's Nest Left in Dryer Vent

AUTHOR: Sandra - (United States of America)

Best Homes Services, Inc. left a bird's nest in my dryer vent, after I paid them to fully clean the dryer vent.   After my dryer vent was supposedly cleaned, the dryer was not heating properly and water was on the floor.  I thought my dryer was broken.  A dryer repairman told me my dryer was not broken, the vent needed cleaning.   As previously stated, Best Homes had left a bird's nest in my dryer vent.  I spoke to Wayne Vernon, Manager at Best Homes and requested a full refund.   He has not responded to my request.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  I am also checking on legal help from an attorney.  If anyone knows of an attorney willing to look take my case, please let me know.  In all I have paid $2,023.00 (that's over two thousands).  Best Homes Services, did a terrible job and owe me a refund.

I have photos of the bird's nest in the vent.  I have a copy of the bill from the repairmen in the amount of $60.00.  I also have copies of paid invoices from Best Homes, totally $1,963.00.   This company ripped me off!