- Report: #812691
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Best Price Photo
Best Price PhotoInternet United States of America
Best Price Photo Deceptive Practices Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
On Tuesday, December 20th, a week later, my order had not yet shipped.
I called several times to find out the status of my order, with the following results:
1. waiting on hold for extremely long periods of time, to be followed by being hung up on.
2. being given ridiculous excuses for why my order has not yet shipped.
One rep, by the name of Craig, said that the order had not yet shipped because they had to confirm my shipping address. If that was true, why did they not email me and tell me that? Better yet, why didn't they call me? They had my phone number.
3. The bulk of the time talking with the reps, was the reps attempting to sell me add-ons that I did not want.
Craig asked me what kind of battery I wanted, pretending there was no battery included in the box.
When I pointed out that there was a battery included in the box, he said that that battery was only good for 20 minutes.
I called Canon, and was told by the customer service rep at Canon that the battery included in the box was good for 150 minutes.
It appears that Best Price Photo sells the main item at cut rate, and they make their money with the add-ons.
If the customer does not go for any add-ons, then it is not worth it for Best Price Photo to ship the main item.
I called several times from my home number, and waited on hold for periods of at least half an hour, only to have the call dropped.
Finally, I called from my cell phone, which has a different area code than my home phone.
I had better luck tricking someone into picking up and speaking with me far quicker, and without being disconnected.
It appears Best Price Photo checks phone IDs, and ignores calls from customers wanting to know the status of their orders.
When I told Frank, the rep who picked up today, that I wanted to cancel my order, he behaved as though canceling was the action he was wanting me to take, likely because Best Price Photo would not profit
from the basic order.
Canceling my order was what they wanted me to do, as they would not make money on the order without my buying any extras.
I have not suffered any monetary damage. Only tremendous waste of time, inconvenience, and now I will not have my camcorder for the holidays.
I desire to see this complaint stand on file to warn others of Best Price Photo's unsavory practices.
I would not be surprised if they sneak away and go out of business right after the holidays.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2011 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Price-Photo/internet/Best-Price-Photo-Deceptive-Practices-Internet-812691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)