Complaint Review: Best Value Copy

• Submitted: Fri, June 10, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By: TommyD — New Jersey Virgin Islands (US)
Best Value Copy
New York, New York United States of America

Best Value Copy Sucky Service New York, New York

*UPDATE Employee: We believe we handled this job correctly in everyway, but are willing to make an accommodation for customer goodwill nevertheless

This company is HORRIBLE. I was a loyal customer for about 2 years, always recommending them to fellow business owners until I placed an order on May 25 that was time sensitive and drop shipped to my client.

Two weeks later, they still have not received the order. I called them and they said that "it was on hold because we didn't know if we should print to the edges or not" Though they make claims that they called me, I do not have any missed calls, messages, or anything from them.

In addition, the entire system is automated to send emails and yet I do not have any email from them. There was no notification that the job was on hold and there was no request for additional information. I called and requested that this job be done complimentary since they failed to notify me and they adamantly refused and said that it was my fault for not calling them sooner.

Until this incident, which was only a $20 job, I was spending over $1,000/ year with this company and they show no customer loyalty and respect. Find another company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2011 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Value-Copy/New-York-New-York-/Best-Value-Copy-Sucky-Service-New-York-New-York-739125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Value Copy

AUTHOR: Bob - (USA)

We regret that this customer is dissatisfied in anyway and apologize for any inconvenience. When this $20 order was placed the customer's file indicated that the image needed to have a bleed to the edge of the page, but this choice was not selected on the order form. We called to confirm the customer's requirement. Our phone records show two phone calls to the number that was provided to us with the order. We do not know why these apparently were not received by the customer from our customer service department. Ultimately the customer called us and we advised him that the job was on hold depending advice about the requirement of the bleed. The customer requested that we do the job entirely at no charge and ship it for free. We offered to be of assistance with this job for goodwill purposes by shipping it overnight for free, but we would charge for the job since we don't believe we have made any mistakes in handling the order. There may have been an unfortunate missed communication for some reason, but we believe we have acted properly. We fully refunded any money received from the customer.

There is the potential for any order to have some communications misunderstanding or delay and we do the best we can to avoid any problems with customers. We have a over 20 year reputation of doing a good job in this regard.

We would be more than happy to assist this customer in the future and will offer a special accommodation as a sign of our goodwill. Please call our customer service manager and he will be happy to help.