Complaint Review: Best Value Copy

• Submitted: Wed, October 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, September 30, 2012

• Reported By: Consumer12 — peoria Arizona U.S.A.
Best Value Copy
1150 Sixth Ave, 7th Floor Internet United States of America

Best Value Copy does sloppy work with printing copies and refuses to correct the problem claiming the "price is too low" Internet

*Consumer Comment: One Mans Bad Experience Doesn't Speak For All

*General Comment: Some Clarification Please

*Author of original report: can't read?

*Consumer Comment: Company provides printing, not proofing

*Author of original report: company refuses to remove personal information from third party site

*Author of original report: Company posts personal information

*UPDATE Employee: Unjust accusations

*Author of original report: File was ok and company violates privacy laws

*UPDATE Employee: unjust "Ripoff report"

*Author of original report: No problem with file, company lies.

*UPDATE Employee: ERROR IN IMAGE FILE SIZE

*UPDATE Employee: ERROR IN IMAGE FILE SIZE

I had ordered a booklets from Best Value Copy three times before without any issues but recently I have had some problems. I had ordered a booklet to be made from Best Value Copy that was virtually the same as the other three I had received before but when I received the copy, words were cut off, pages were different sizes, the quality was very very poor.

I emailed the company about the booklet since their website states that the quality is guaranteed and they stated they would re-do the project. They redid the booklet and sent another one out to me but it was even worse and more sloppily put together than the first one so I emailed them again. They emailed back saying they are "not allowed" to send me a quality quote because their "price is too low" and are now refusing to send me a proper copy even though I have already paid, they have a guarantee on the quality, and they were able to do it before.

Now I am stuck having paid paid for a poorly done booklet without them even attempting to try to fix the problem. They ignore my emails copletely as well. I will delete my complaints and close the complaint I sent to the Better Business Bureau once they resolve the issue and I get a quality booklet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2009 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Value-Copy/internet/Best-Value-Copy-does-sloppy-work-with-printing-copies-and-refuses-to-correct-the-problem-516500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Value Copy

One Mans Bad Experience Doesn't Speak For All

AUTHOR: ruby - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear this report of Best Value. I have purchased from them in the past and have not had issues with this company. They do print from PDF files therefore usually making this an easy and best value for printing.

I would have them print 30 colored brochures for me every week. They came in on time and just as expected. I remember having to contact them once for a printing issue and they corrected it immediately. They have even contacted ME for PDF issues on my end! These are people you are dealing with...not computers! I am sure they make mistakes. And I am also sure they are not in the business of making people upset over printing.

Not every customer will be happy with every purchase they make. Unfortunetly this reporter appears to be outraged over a situaton that the company says they have done their best to correct and have given all money back. If you receive your money back from a company and they don't fix the product you are wanting...I think that is a nice way of them saying "I don't want your business anymore". At least that is how I would handle a customer who is just completely unsatisfied.

I would think that if a company just can't do what you want to pay them to do then it's time to go elsewhere. No reason to waste your time bashng a company that you have never had issues with before. They obviously can't correct this problem without the cooperation of the customer. And it seems like this customer is getting too emotional and is on a rampage to bash this company in more than one way!

#2 General Comment

Some Clarification Please

AUTHOR: Truth always - (U.S.A.)

Firstly I have no stake in this at all. Secondly I agree with Chris (semi-intrested third party). While performing my own research (somewhat similar) I stumbled upon this issue. The poster is expecting a service for which they did not purchase. Just a few quick points, although I have no doubt you will have a "come back" to many.

Like the law.. let's go in order shall we....

Poster - "virtually the same as the other three" is not 'the same as the other three'.

you state "They redid the booklet and sent another one...." and later "without them even attempting to try to fix the problem". Which is it??

Not withstanding grammar or spell check, I see fault in both. Now, in no particular order.... and yes colloquially from now on... here goes....

Printer -  if you in fact did have a conversation with this individual, you would have known you could not comply. you were hired to print, not edit and design as you stated.

Poster - if you can change the paper size *after* you hit print!!, you are onto something. that's like editing an e-mail *after* hitting send. run with it!! let me/us know how that works for you. if you could print at home, you should have. no matter... thanks for trying to boost the economy.

Printer - wow... "hundreds of thousands of very happy customers". goody for you! again.. based on conversation, you should have known you could not comply.

Poster - you went to "several other companies", how much did you pay them to proof and redesign your work. did you get that for free as well? oh and if this company did in fact violate your rights you should have said so from the start.

Printer - if you did... well, shame on you.

Chris - i concur regarding PDFs, although poster never says it was a PDF. given the right circumstances nothing can change that PDF you received. at least not without ton's-o-time on your hands... and seems to me Poster did not pay for that.

Poster - caveate emptor

Printer - do unto others

thanks...

can't read?

AUTHOR: Consumer12 - (USA)

hmmm, it seems as though you did not read everything posted. The file was already formatted and when I took it to other places, no other formatting was required. Not even the simple stretch or shrink was needed. Maybe you should not post things without knowing what is going on.

Company provides printing, not proofing

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

As a semi-unbiased third party (I have used best value before) I believe the original poster was not understanding the printing process.  They state: "As anyone who has ever printed anything would know, paper size is chosen after you hit the print button."  This could not be further from the truth.  The whole point of a pdf is that everything is predetermined and no additional formatting need be applied.  The size of a pdf document is FIXED and some pdf printers simply stretch or shrink the document to fit different page sizes.

It is as if the customer assumes that Best Value Copy is using Adobe's pdf viewer and manually resizing each document at their leisure.

I suggest that in the future the OP use Kinko's for their needs and leave Best Value Copy to those who understand how to use pdf's.  Yes, they will pay ten times more at Kinko's, but they will get someone to look it over first and reformat it at no cost.

Best Value Copy has exceptional pricing for a reason and I would like to see it stay that way.  I would like to see the company charge for the orginal order as well as reprints so that their other customers can enjoy the lowest possible pricing.

Best Value is easily the best printer for the money if you understand what you are doing.  If you do not know how to size a PDF you should probably look elsewhere for services.

Cheers,
Chris

company refuses to remove personal information from third party site

AUTHOR: Consumer12 - (U.S.A.)

The company is ignoring the fact that they have violated their privacy policy and does not respond to any emails about the issue. They also are ignoring messages from the BBB about the issue.

Company posts personal information

AUTHOR: Consumer12 - (U.S.A.)

The company lies and rearranged letters of my name on the report they posted after I emailed them about it, which they did not respond to the email btw. The report still shows up with my personal information in search engines the way they had posted it initially in violation of privacy policy.

Unjust accusations

AUTHOR: Sajid - (USA)

Our company never released any private information. Customer knows we have not charged anything and returned any monies paid and provided full money back guarantee, but continues to send reports claiming otherwise.

Nothing any supplier can do to satisfy this customer.

Best Value Customer service

File was ok and company violates privacy laws

AUTHOR: Consumer12 - (U.S.A.)

The file was fine and I went to several other companies to make sure there was nothing wrong with the file. I sent them another file that just contained ordinary copies hoping they could at least get that right and they still failed.

They also violated privacy policies and posted personal information they retrieved from the orders I placed on third party websites.

unjust "Ripoff report"

AUTHOR: Sajid - (USA)

I am a customer service manager at Best Value Copy. We pride ourselves in taking care of our customers and have hundreds of thousands of very happy customers over the past 20+ years.

We have tried to satisfy this customer but the customer persists in sending us incorrect files that cannot be printed the way customer demands they be printed. We cannot change or create customer files.

The customer has not been "ripped off" in any way since we have returned, in full, any amounts the customer has paid in order to provide full satisfaction guarrantee. Despite this, customer continues to send us jobs even though claiming dissatisfaction.

We are sorry for any customer that may be dissatisfied in any way, but if you don't pay for something, get an honored full guarrantee refund, what more can a supplier do?

Best Value Customer service

No problem with file, company lies.

AUTHOR: Consumer12 - (U.S.A.)

As anyone who has ever printed anything would know, paper size is chosen after you hit the print button. The company only accepts pdf files which is what was sent it. Pdf files, like most other files, do not have paper sizes until you print and choose the size. I had a larger order of something identical and they printed it fine but when I sent in this smaller order, they all of a sudden can't print and are having file issues and the "price is too low" to print it.

To make sure there was nothing wrong with my file, I went to an OfficeMax copy center and printed a copy. They opened the file, selected landscape, the paper size, and printed no problem. I also printed a copy at home and there were no issues. How does office max and a cheap printer I bought at a walmart print perfectly fine, while a large printing company is not capable?

ERROR IN IMAGE FILE SIZE

AUTHOR: Sajid - (USA)

I would like to clear this report, because the problem was with the file that was uploaded into our website. The image that was provided was  8.5 x 11 containing 50 pages and wanted to reduced it to 8.5 x 5.5.

Our company guaranties the quality on printing, we don't do the designing.

It was informed to the customer that if we try to reduce the document, it will come out with cut off text. It was told to the customer, that we can make copy of the same size that is provided. So if he wants a job done in 8.5 x 5.5, he must provide us the file in that size. Customer never provided us with the correct size file, because of which we had to print what we had.

When customer called and complain regarding the job, we reminded him of the earlier conversation we had before completing the job.

To conclude in simple words, we need the same size file to print the required size.

Also we have a great customer service response, we never ignore any of our customer's email or phone calls.

We will be happy to re do the job if we get the file in 8.5 x 5.5 size for free of charge.

Our price definetely very low, 8 cents per color copy and 2 cents per black and white. In which we provide guarantied quality on printing.

Sajid H.

Manager,

Best Value Copy

ERROR IN IMAGE FILE SIZE

AUTHOR: Sajid - (USA)

Our company guaranties the quality on printing, we don't do the designing.

Our price low, 8 cents per color copy and 2 cents per black and white. In which we provide guarantied quality on printing.