Complaint Review: Best Western Hotels

• Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Best Western Hotels ripoff Venice Italy

*UPDATE Employee: Cancellation Number

*UPDATE Employee: Why didn't you get a cancellation number?

I converted 100,000 AMX points to Best Western in order to facilitate my honeymoon in Italy. I called Best Western reservations and tried to book a hotel in Venice. The agent advised me that the system that provides her information on blackout information was down and she could not tell me if the hotel had any blackout dates for the time I wanted to use my point for.

She said that she could set up a reservation and for me to call later and verify the blackout period. I called the next day and spoke with a different agent and she advised me the the hotel did in fact have a black out period. I instructed her to cancel the reservation from the previous day and we began to look for another hotel.

After finding a hotel and making a reservation the call ended. After our trip, I noticed a charge for $360.00 on my credit card from the hotel I requested canceled. I called Best Western and spoke to a supervisor and he said that the agent that worked with me was very reputable and that because I did'nt recv a cancelation number I wa my fault that the original reservation didn't get canceled. I immediately went to my CC company, Citibank and they refused to help and reverse the charge.

Best Western cost me $480.00 since I refused to pay Citibank and had to later settle with them. Best Western is incredibly inflexable and because their agent made a mistake they refused to take responsibility for it by reversing the charges. Best Western is not in my future as hoteliers.

Chuck
Miami Springs, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2005 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-Western-Hotels/Venice-/Best-Western-Hotels-ripoff-Venice-Italy-141362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Western Hotels

Cancellation Number

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

I am a Customer Care agent for Best Western corporate. I think that guest did not get a cancellation #, because if you read his report it states he asked the agent to cancel the reservation and they proceeded to book another hotel.The agent would have just changed hotels for him,and there would be no cancel #.But he did not specify if he made another booking with the agent or another chain.At BW we are supposed to read the cancellation # to the guest but sometimes the manila agents do not give the guests anything.Also supervisor could have asked for phone records that he did call our # on a certain date and we probably could have helped him out better.

Why didn't you get a cancellation number?

AUTHOR: Joseph - (U.S.A.)

I can sympathise with your situation, but unfortunately this is nothing more than an illustration of why cancellation numbers are so important.

You realize that to these people you had NOTHING to substatiate your claim right?

I work in a Best Western and dozens of people each year call in with fraudulent requests to eliminate no show charges.

You should take a little responsibility for your own actions and admit you did not fully make sure your reservation was cancelled. (Including asking for a cancellation number, calling direct, etc.)