Complaint Review: Best in Entertainment Ken Lena

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: scambuster — Cherry Hill New Jersey United States of America
Best in Entertainment Ken Lena
1730 N. Clark St. Chicago, Illinois United States of America

Best in Entertainment Ken Lena Ken Lena, Perry Cooper tries to get money sent by Greendot Moneypak, for phony services, agency representation Chicago, Illinois

*Author of original report: Owner rebuttal speaks for itself...fraud

*Author of original report: Owner rebuttal speaks for itself...fraud

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: mark

This person, Ken Lena, contacted me originally by email, having found my website on the internet....  I live in NJ, and I work as an independent Tribute Artist singer, and he claimed to be a licensed booking agent.  His agency is named "Best in Entertainment"....He wanted to represent me, and promised that he had over $70k in bookings in the next 90 days alone.  He supplied me with fake dates and events supposedly already booked, and ready for me to work...

He asked me to send him an untraceable retainer, in the form of a Greendot Moneygram, from Walgreens, for his retainer.  The amount was $500.  I warned him that this was not a common industry means of representation, but he insisted it was his way.  He claims to have a secretary/ partner named "Donna Henderson".  It is not known if this person exists.  Further investigation by me revealed that this same person, using the same secretary name, has tried this scheme repeatedly in the Chicago area, where Lena is from. [continued below]....
.....

However, in the past, he has used other names of well known or dead Chicago area entertaimment people as his name.  Perry Cooper and Joe Fletcher are some of the other names used....Anyone who performs as a Tribute Artist should be aware of this person and the scam.  Do NOT send this person money to represent you in the form of a "retainer", so that he can find you work.    No legit agency does this for performers.

He uses Chicago area addresses, which are fake, as well as a Winter Park, Florida address, whcih is also fake.  He is in fact, from the Chicago area though, with multiple addresses found for him.   He is a fly by night person, not living for long in one place....He apparently was at one time somewhat legitimate as a booking agent under that name, but he now has no website or good references.  Beware, as he will drop the name of many people, but all of them, once contacted, say he is bad news.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2012 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-in-Entertainment-Ken-Lena/Chicago-Illinois-/Best-in-Entertainment-Ken-Lena-Ken-Lena-Perry-Cooper-tries-to-get-money-sent-by-Greendot-935692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best in Entertainment Ken Lena

Owner rebuttal speaks for itself...fraud

AUTHOR: scambuster - (United States of America)

This same "owner", who filed the rebuttal to my complaint, just today left a voicemail for me saying that he in fact was the victim of "identity theft" and that it was not in fact him that did this.  This was his claim, despite me keeping phone messages from him that are all the same person from before and today.  In his rebuttal, it is clear he is in fact that person, and chooses to make cheap references to fictional assessments made by a fictional staff.  This report is made to make other entertainers beware of this fraud.  I am retired law enforcement, and I have no ax to grind in the business.  The simple message is, stay away from this character.  I have spoken to other Tribute artists who in fact corroborate my story exactly.   I have issued a cease and desist email to this person also.  His actions are what caused this report to be made.  Nothing this man can say should be accepted as truthful.  Anyone who doubts the report I made, other than the fraud himself, should contact ANY local Chicago entertainment agency, or Chicago area Tribute Artist.  They were very helpful exposiong this man and his attempt to prey on people in the business who are looking for a break.  Do not ever send any stranger money for a retainer, ever.  This man wants his money via untraceable Greendot moneypaks.  This is red flag fraud territory everyone.   Ask for his Agency license number.  Ask for valid, current,  references.  This man, Ken Lena, has none.  Shame on him for even responding to my expose of him.

Owner rebuttal speaks for itself...fraud

AUTHOR: scambuster - (United States of America)

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

mark

AUTHOR: - (United States of America)

Sure Mark **** thinks we are a scam company because my secretary saw his live video and realized this guy is not as pro as he says he is, he was more worried about how many times le gets with different women, than talking about furthering his career.

Mark **** is one of many many Elvis, impersonators one worst than the next, however we are legit and there  are many references here at best in entertainment, he never ever spoke to my son, this was a fabrication. Look at Mark **** up close then look at Elvis, please take a look at "Trent Carllini" as Elvis, no comparison.

Again we at best in entertainment work very hard and we will to continue to rebut anything this man has to talk about, It is all completely in this man's mind, nobody hurt him in any way....

Mark **** is an amature and I think he was hurt due to a client saying he looks more like "Buddy Hackett",  he does and that's good too...  Mark **** we would love to resolve you permanent attitude without going through this however we will....