Complaint Review: BestBuy Black Tie service

• Reported By: Toots — Raleigh North Carolina United States of America
BestBuy Black Tie service
Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

BestBuy Black Tie service Misleading information Raleigh, North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Worth it?

I purchased a refrigerator from Bestbuy on Black Friday and got a really great price. I purchased the black tie protection and was told if the refrigerator needed repair more than 3 times it would be replaced with a comparable model.

Well, after one replacement and 6 further repairs, it came time for them to make good on the promise. Bear in mind that I was never presented with a printed copy of all of the rules around the Black Tie program. When I went to the store to get my replacement refrigerator, I discovered that I get $100 less than I paid 3 years ago, so it doesn't come close to providing a comparable model. A new French Door refrigerator the same size as mine is around $2500. They gave me $1499. Comparable price does not equal comparable product.

Very misleading and just bad practice.

I would suggest NEVER buy black tie protection, you will never get your money's worth. I'm sure this isn't the only loophole they would be able to wiggle out of.

I ended up with a significantly lower quality refrigerator, and a really bad taste in my mouth. It is not a surprise that they are struggling.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BestBuy-Black-Tie-service/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27615/BestBuy-Black-Tie-service-Misleading-information-Raleigh-North-Carolina-957276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BestBuy Black Tie service

Worth it?

AUTHOR: flyingdutch - (United States of America)

So did you get $1400 for the defective refrigerator that you would have otherwise been stuck with?  I've bought the Black Tie protection before, the problem is people will get a $2000 item on sale/clearance for cheap then when it breaks expect an exact replacement.  I agree it's not totally clear but it still seems to have paid off for you to buy it