• Report: #461985

• Updated: Tue, June 16, 2009

• Reported By:Miami Florida
BestOfferBuy.com Internet U.S.A.

BestOfferBuy.com DVD Movies formatted for China!!! Internet

I ordered a DVD movie from BestOfferBuy.com. The website looked legit, and my Firefox browser showed that the website is hosted in Dallas Texas, so I figured I was dealing with an American company. On the top of the main page in red it states "We promise Low Prices, Quality Product and 30 days Money Back Guarantee."

I get the movie two weeks later, place it in my DVD player, and a window pops up on my TV telling me the DVD is "Not In NTSC format". Then I look at the case the DVD came in and notice there's Chinese writing on the case. Great, they sent me a DVD regionally formatted for China!

I go to the BestOfferBuy.com website and click on the "shipping and Returns" link at the bottom. Surprise, surprise, the link does not work. I get a 404 screen. Same thing happens when I click on the "Contact Us" link. So I can't even get an e-mail address or phone number to contact them about returning the DVD.
I tried reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, but they are not an American company, so I can't even complete the online form, which requires an American address of the company I am reporting.
As soon as I finish writing this, I am going to e-mail everyone I know and make them aware of what rip off BestOfferBuy.com is, and I suggest you do the same.
- Garth

Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2009 04:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BestOfferBuycom/internet/BestOfferBuycom-DVD-Movies-formatted-for-China-Internet-461985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BestOfferBuy.com