Complaint Review: BestPriceCameras.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 16, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, May 16, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
BestPriceCameras.com
BestPriceCameras.com New York, New York U.S.A.

BestPriceCameras.com Falsely Advertises Lowest Prices then Never Ships Products Internet

I searched Shopzilla.com for the best price on a Sony HDR-SR7 video camera. BestPriceCameras.com advertised the camera at $559.00 with free delivery, a price that was significantly lower than any competitor. I went to their site and ordered the camera on Wednesday January 30, 2008. A representative called me the next day and tried to sell me a number of accessories, which I declined. He then told me the camera would be shipped in 4-6 weeks.

I called BestPriceCameras.com customer service 4 weeks later and was told that the camera was "out of stock" and would be shipped in 6-8 weeks. I called again 6 weeks later and was told that the camera was "still out of stock" and would be shipped in 6-8 more weeks. I told the representative on the phone that I was going to call the Better Business Bureau and he replied (seriously, I couldn't make this up) that I must be unemployed and have a lot of free time, and maybe if I got a job I could afford to pay full price for a camera. I was speechless. I asked him to cancel my order.

I don't believe (my opinion here) that BestPriceCameras.com ever intended to sell the Sony at their advertised price. They used the price to lure shoppers to their site.

I kept screen shots of my order for evidence that they sold me the camera at the price. Save your time, order from anybody but the scammers at BestPriceCameras.com.

Douglas
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2008 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BestPriceCamerascom/New-York-New-York/BestPriceCamerascom-Falsely-Advertises-Lowest-Prices-then-Never-Ships-Products-Internet-333002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BestPriceCameras.com