retired

• Submitted: Sun, July 01, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 01, 2012

• Reported By: Don California — San Diego California United States of America
BestRebateBuy

BestRebateBuy HotBooksale.com They sold me a book for $11.00 w free shipping, then came the e-mail saying I had signed up to pay $9.95 a month, Internet

I found a book on the internet, being sold by Hot Book Sale.com with free shipping and a good price on the book.
Later, in the same day, I received an e-mail from BestRebateBuy.com pointing out I had agreed, when purchasing a book that my credit card would be charged $9.95 a monthly fee and would continue to be charged automatically for the same amount.
I called BestRebateBuy.com and their phone 1-866231-5880 and got a rather nasty male who basically told me I had agreed to their terms by opening their e-mail. I refused to pay and hung up, after he said they were in Florida.
A call to my credit card company was made and the facts given to them. They have refunded $20.95 and have put a hold on any future charges to my card.

3 weeks later, I receved another of their scam letters about a reminder that another $9.95 would be chaged to my card in 10 days and gave another phone # on 1-866-529-3413.

Bet they will be re-contacting me when the charges are kicked back to them, or now, refused!

Don  San Diego California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2012 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BestRebateBuy/internet/BestRebateBuy-HotBooksalecom-They-sold-me-a-book-for-1100-w-free-shipping-then-came-th-905381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BestRebateBuy