Complaint Review: Bestbuy - South Carolina

• Updated: Tue, September 03, 2013

• Reported By: Vermeercat — Lexington South Carolina
Bestbuy - South Carolina
Lexington, SC Greenville, SC , South Carolina USA

Bestbuy - South Carolina Advertise (emailed me) $99 Garmin Nuvi 50LM, then "out of stock" & "no internet ordering available". Point? Lexington, SC Greenville, SC South Carolina

*General Comment: Really now...

I received an email from BestBuy advertising "Huge" Labor Day Sale.

I open email, click on link and shop.  I could use a new Garmin.

BestBuy advertise Garmin Nuvi 50LM at $99 for the "Huge 4-Day Sale".

I add to my shopping cart to order online at the $99 price.

At Checkout, my screen reads "NOT AVAILABLE TO ONLINE ORDERING."

Disappointed, I look up the number for my local store.  I call them to make sure they have in stock before making the drive.

I wait.  No one answers.

I call back.  I wait.  No answer.

I call a 3rd time and instead of pressing the number for "Check Store Pricing and Availability", I press the number for the Geek Squad, hoping to talk to a live person.

Geek Squad girl is nice.  I have SKU number ready and ask if it is in stock.  No, she answers, none in stock.

I ask that one be ordered for me at sale price.  Can't do it.  I ask if there are any available anywhere near me.

Yes, there is 1 left in stock in Greenville (nearly 2 hours away).  I ask for item to be shipped to my store for pickup.  Can't do it.  I ask if she can call and ask Greenville BestBuy to hold it for me so I can arrange for someone pick it up before closing time today.  Can't do it.  They can't hold things.

I ask for the Greenville store telephone number and call it.  Their computer says they have 1 in stock.

Girl will check the shelves to make sure computer is correct before I arrange for to pick up.

Nope, none in stock.  Out of luck.  I ask to speak to manager to ask for rain check.

I am transferred to a kid who tells me he doesn't know how to issue a rain check, but even if he did, "they might never get any more of those in stock."  I ask if he can email me a rain check since I'm a Best

Buy Rewards Member.  He checks with manager and tells me I will have to come in to store (across town) to get a paper rain check for an item that they may never have again.  I ask who to see when I come in.

He's not sure, but says "If you just go to Customer Service, someone should be able to help you."  Ya think??

I ordered it from Amazon instead.  REGULAR price on Amazon was only $13 more, and Amazon has never let me down.  Ever.

An hour of my time I'll never get back.  Future sale emails from Bestbuy are now redirected to "JUNK."  Lesson learned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bestbuy-South-Carolina/Lexington-SC-Greenville-SC-South-Carolina/Bestbuy-South-Carolina-Advertise-emailed-me-99-Garmin-Nuvi-50LM-then-out-of-stock-1081323. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bestbuy - South Carolina

#1 General Comment

Really now...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You do realize that HOLIDAY sales never get a raincheck. Its even printed on EVERY flier they put out. "Rainchecks not available on holiday sale items". So basically your mad that other ppl had come in and purchased this item BEFORE you and they had none for YOU to buy. WOW!! Then top it off because YOU couldnt order it online. The level of your self entitlment is astounding!! Maybe BestBuy doesnt need a customer like you.