Complaint Review: Bestbuy

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:gridley Illinois
Bestbuy
Veterans Parkway Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Bestbuy I had bought a Delphi skyfi3 xm radio in Aug of 2007 mandated them to replace it 10 days later and now 5 months later I am told they will not give credit or exchange maybe a replacement if there techs look at it even if I don't want the product Bloomington Illinois

*Consumer Comment: 5 Months Is Too Long

When my Delphi xm radio stopped working I went to a professional installer to see if my car fuse was blown or if it was the unit. It was confirmed that the unit stopped working and that I am getting power to the unit.
I called bestbuy to see if I brought it in if the would give me credit for the purchase price or a refund.I was told that their techs would have to look at it and then decide if it was to be replaced with another unit of the same make,I've already replaced this unit once before and this one I've had foronly 5 months.

I told Bestbuy that I do not want another Delphi unit because I was having an indash purchased plus I informed them of the troubles I had .

I was told by the manager that they cannot give a refund because they felt I got tired of the unit, basically calling me a liar.

They insist that their techs will have to look at it and then just give me another Delphi or I could throw it out and be done with it.

Kidhauler
gridley, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2008 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bestbuy/Bloomington-Illinois/Bestbuy-I-had-bought-a-Delphi-skyfi3-xm-radio-in-Aug-of-2007-mandated-them-to-replace-it-1-303354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bestbuy

5 Months Is Too Long

AUTHOR: Clint - (U.S.A.)

Every retailer has a return/exchange deadline in place that customers must abide by and agree to be bound by when they purchase an item at their store. Best Buy's policy is 30 days on most all items (except computers, monitors, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors and video games. 14 days on these items).

Since you have now owned the radio for 5 months, you must now utilize the manufacturer warranty and have them take care of any issues you may have with with their product. Best Buy can no longer help you with returning or exchanging the radio.

Delphi is the brand you chose when you first made the purchase, so that's the brand you're stuck with since you have exceeded Best Buy's return/exchange policy by quintuple. You now have two choices:

1) Contact the manufacturer of the radio and take advantage of their warranty against defects. You'll likely receive a new radio (albeit refurbished) in exchange. At least you'll have a working radio and you can listen to the stations you pay to hear.

2) Dispose of the Delphi, and purchase a new radio.

Those are your only choices now.

Good luck!