Complaint Review: Better Business Bureau - BBB - Just Brakes

• Submitted: Mon, February 26, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, February 27, 2007

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Better Business Bureau - BBB - Just Brakes
bbb.org Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Better Business Bureau why bother to file a complaint about a BBB member? Just Brakes. They are not there to protect the consumer. Buyer beware! Thank God for ripoffreport.com. Austin Texas

I was scammed by a BBB member, Just Brakes, earlier this year. I went on line and did the "American" thing by reporting them to the BBB for ripping me off. I later got a reply saying they were investigating the matter. They eventually wrote me a letter saying that since there was nothing to resolve they could do nothing. I wrote back saying that I simply wanted my complaint registered so other unsuspecting costumers would not fall for their bait and switch advertising ploy as I did. I eventually received a final letter saying the matter was closed. Why do we bother with the BBB if they are not going to openly register our complaints for the world to see? If you go to their web site, bbb.org, and look up the status of Just Brakes, Austin, Texas, you find they are in good standing with no unresolved complaints. Fact.... After filing my complaint with the Attorney General's Office, I discovered I am not alone. More than 1000 related complaints against Just Brakes have been filed in Texas since January 1st. And you can bet if that many people filed fraudulent advertising complaints with the AG, most also filed with the BBB. You wouldn't know that from their report on Just Brakes. It is my belief that the BBB protects their own. They are not there to protect the consumer. Buyer beware! Thank God for ripoffreport.com. I hope everyone finds out you are here. I now check you first before going to any unknown business.

Wayne
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2007 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Business-Bureau-BBB-Just-Brakes/Austin-Texas-78756/Better-Business-Bureau-why-bother-to-file-a-complaint-about-a-BBB-member-Just-Brakes-The-237079. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better Business Bureau - BBB - Just Brakes