Complaint Review: Better Business Bureau | Dallas

• Updated: Thu, May 09, 2013

• Reported By: stew p. — Dallas Texas
Better Business Bureau | Dallas
1601 Elm St #3838 Dallas, TX 75201 Dallas, Texas USA

Better Business Bureau | Dallas Pay to Play, Good Ole Boys Network, Incompetence Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Better Business Bureau

After purchasing a BMW Z3 from a local car dealer (Auto Hans- Addison, Texas) I found that several safety warning lights on the car had been deliberately tampered with to hide the fact that the ABS brakes and other systems didn’t work.  I filed a complaint with the Dallas BBB and they determined that the Car Dealer was not responsible and closed the case in his favor.  After contacting Chris Burgess the Compliance Officer with the Dallas BBB I was informed that the decision was based on the positive past record of the company and that I was the only recent complaint they had received for that customer.

In other words, if a company is paying the BBB required dues for accreditation they receive special treatment thus insulating them from negative action from the BBB.  In my estimation, the Dallas BBB provides protection for paying clients against legitimate claims made by consumers. Auto Hans has been served with a law suit and the Dallas BBB stands behind their ridicules judgement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2013 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Business-Bureau-Dallas/Dallas-Texas-75234/Better-Business-Bureau-Dallas-Pay-to-Play-Good-Ole-Boys-Network-Incompetence-Dallas-1049556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better Business Bureau | Dallas

Better Business Bureau

AUTHOR: Jacqueline - ()

You got it!

My father was a banker his entire life and told me if I ever needed information about a company, I could trust the BBB.  So, I once saw an advertisement to work for them.  I learned things I wish I never knew.

But you are correct.  Getting the American people to believe you is next to impossible though.

I got a coauthor and wrote a book (fiction) which is called The Front.  My seven year contract ran out, so I did not renew it, since my partner gave away the foreign rights and I found the book in Chinese.  So, the only way to obtain a copy is by buying a used one.

But you are right on the money as to what you have experienced.  And I certainly knw this for a fact.  Good for you in using common sense to learn this about this organization!  People need to take a pencil to what money comes into the agency and then look at companies who are members, who you know would have complaints, just out of sheer volume, if nothing else...then see what their rating is with the BBB. Occasionallythey have to throw one of their members under the bus because of so many complaints, but never do one of their arbitrations.  Just advice.

I applaud you for taking your common sense and applying it to this organization.  Doesn't the mafia have people pay them for protection?