Complaint Review: Better Business Bureau

• Submitted: Mon, October 22, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Bishop California United States of America
Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau BBB Badmouth my company because I went out of business, Internet

*Consumer Comment: BBB & EPS ARE BOTH A SCAM!! FRAUD ALERT!!

*Author of original report: If BBB has no Information, They should not attempt to report any

*Consumer Comment: no fan of flyrider either

*Consumer Comment: No fan of the BBB

I owned a business that closed 3 years ago. I chose not to be a member on the Better Business Bureau, for one, because they collect expensive dues, so how can they be impartial? I also thought the membership cost was excessive, third, when I gave them a chance to list my business, they listed it under the wrong category, then had a lame excuse.

I was looking for something else on the internet (actually my name), and came across it and my old business on the BBB website. They make acomment like "we have been unable to reach this business by phone or mail, we suspect they are closed (No Duh!) if you have unresolved business with this company, contact an attorney" . WTF! I guess I'd say its none of their business if I'm closed or not. I think all they should be able to say is NOTHING! They know nothing, so why do they have a right to comment and make me sound shady?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2012 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Business-Bureau/internet/Better-Business-Bureau-BBB-Badmouth-my-company-because-I-went-out-of-business-Internet-958489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better Business Bureau

BBB & EPS ARE BOTH A SCAM!! FRAUD ALERT!!

AUTHOR: ericb****houston - ()

If BBB has no Information, They should not attempt to report any

AUTHOR: Joe - (United States of America)

BBB obviously knows nothing about my business, so should not even have a listing for it except to say I am NOT a MEMBER. Do they have listings for businesses that have been gone 10 years? 20 years? Whats the limit? I closed my business with the state, feds, vendors and customers. As I was not a BBB customer, I have no obligation or reason to inform them of anything.

Yes, welcome to America, where you can sue anyone for anything, and I think its about time someone sued BBB, if they haven't already.

What kind of organization are they anyway? Tax exempt non-profit? I could not find anything on their website to explain their financial organization, but I know they have paid employees.

no fan of flyrider either

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

butt what can I do?

No fan of the BBB

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

But, I don't understand your complaint.

" "we have been unable to reach this business by phone or mail, we suspect they are closed (No Duh!) if you have unresolved business with this company, contact an attorney "

According to you, you have closed the business.   What they are saying is absolutely true.

" WTF! I guess I'd say its none of their business if I'm closed or not. "

They are in the business of providing information about other businesses.  That's what they do.   If they were saying something untrue about your business, you'd have a leg to stand on.

"  I think all they should be able to say is NOTHING!  "

Welcome to America, where you are not the one who decides what others should and should not be able to say.  Especially if what they are saying is true.

" They know nothing, so why do they have a right to comment and make me sound shady? "

They know that they have not been able to contact your business by phone or email (not surprising, since it is closed).  They also advise anyone with unresolved business with your company that they should contact a lawyer.  That is exactly what anyone with unresolved issues with a closed business should do.