Complaint Review: Better Trades

• Reported By:Charleston West Virginia
Better Trades
bettertrades.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Better Trades ripoff artists

*Consumer Comment: Watch out for random words and numbers on your credit card statement

*Consumer Comment: i was scammed by this company too

I just attended a Better Trade "expo" the other day. The ad stated that we should show up 20 minutes early. They had us sign up outside of the meeting room. The issued each of us a name tage that was color coded so the speaker knew what level of trading experience that we had.

The reason they kept us outside of the room was so they could accurately determine a head count, then put out only that many chairs. That we, we were put close to the speaker and nobody could "hide" from him.

The spakers's name was David Hutchinson. He was a good speaker and he work a wireless microphone. His voice was not amplified through speakers so I assume they were taping the presentation as a defense against future lawsuits. He even made a few disclaimers that seemed odd, but I later realized that they must have been for the recording.

It was a two hour presentation to attend the two day seminar for $4,000. He went through the usual drill about how he was down on his luck and out of money when he attended a Better Trades "expo" and now only works when he wants. His motivation for presenting these "expos" is to help his fellow man.

It was all a bunch of hooey. However, I saw at least 4 individuals out of 22 sign up for the $4,000 class.

If you pay for the $4,000 class, you can then attend other two day workshops for $99. And listen to this, you can take a child under 16 (sixteen) for free. He likened it to teaching a man to fish so he can feed himself for the rest of his life. What kid 16 or under wants to learn how to trade options? At that age, they can not even open up an account in their name.

When I was leaving, one of the "traders" stopped me and asked me why I wasn't starting the seminar today. I had to make up lie about going out of the country on military duty so I could leave.

Do yourself a favor and do not attend the Better Trades "expo" as it is not only a waste of your time, it could be a big waste of your money.

Dale
Charleston, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2008 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Trades/nationwide/Better-Trades-ripoff-artists-403428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better Trades

Watch out for random words and numbers on your credit card statement

AUTHOR: Dan C. - (USA)

the first charge that they did to me had their name but all of the ones after that were random numbers and letters.. so be careful and watch out for it or they will get away with it again!!

i was scammed by this company too

AUTHOR: Dan C. - (USA)

once they have your credit card number, they will charge it over and over and there's nothing you can do.. it happened to me and went on for almost 4 full months before i finally cancelled my card to put an end to it. on top of taking almost $1200, they caused me a major inconvience. their infomercial is full of lies too!