Complaint Review: Better Way To Credit

• Updated: Wed, April 10, 2013

• Reported By: William — Hayward California
Better Way To Credit
1611 Wilmeth Rd B McKinney, TX 75069 McKinney, Texas United States of America

Better Way To Credit Repair My Credit Now Credit Repair Scam. Claimed to dispute inaccuracies on credit, instead they scammed me out of $1,500 McKinney, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Spoke with client and he claimed he did not write this report, however he is very satisfied with services

*Author of original report: Seeing Positive Results thru Better Way to Credit!

A friend mentioned a company she was considering using at the referral of another friend. I signed up immediately thinking this Credit Repair company was real. Instead, they sent me to a bogus website showing a dispute on ALL of my credit - rather than just the ones I had issues with. They collected my $1500 and the website showed a status of letters sent. Only one letter came back from a creditor. I was told I would have a stack of letters in 30 days and accounts would be corrected in my favor.

21 days later and after receiving one call, I get a call from the company telling me to apply for credit and "see what happens". I apply for a credit card online and get denied. My score drops 15 points from the inquiry.

31 days later, I still have no responses from the creditors. Except for that one letter. My score is worse than before and I am $1,500 in the hole. Today I contacted Blake Peckham @ bp@betterwaytocredit.com to request a refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-Way-To-Credit/McKinney-Texas-75069/Better-Way-To-Credit-Repair-My-Credit-Now-Credit-Repair-Scam-Claimed-to-dispute-inaccurac-1038761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better Way To Credit

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Rey Colon - ()

When this report was brought to our attention from another prospect the lead sales representative Blake Peckham immediately notified me of this and he then contacted the client.  The client informed us and insisted  that he did not submit the complaint.  Of course we went through his account in full detail and informed him that when he submitted this report he was just on the program for a little over 30 days.  His enrollment date was 2/15/2013.  All clients are made aware and our client agreement states that they will not see results during the first 30-45 days.

After speaking with client and going over his account he was completely happy and he did come back on to this website 6 days after his original submission and submitted a praise report stating that he was in fact seeing positive results.

I know how important credit is to consumers and at BetterWay to Credit our clients always come first and this is why we provide clients with 24/7 online account management that allows them to securely login to the website and view all details of their accoun to include detailed reports of all letters and status of what has been rectified.

In addition our Customer Care team provides members with a toll-free number that they can also call and speak with their dedicated account manager.

Myself and our management team are always their to speak with clients when they need us to address outstanding issues and we know that their are times when we cannot keep everyone happy and we will do everything we can to make their transition from BetterWay to Credit a smooth one.

I hope this addresses our only outstanding report and if anyone has any questions they can always get ahold of me directly.  Simply call our main number 1-888-632-3726 and ask to speak with Rey Colon.  I look forward to helping you in the future.

Sincerely,

Rey Colon, Chief Executive Officer

Seeing Positive Results thru Better Way to Credit!

AUTHOR: InheritedCreditIII - ()

Since my last report, I have received a stack of letters with inaccurate collections being deleted from my credit. I have decided to move forward with this company and I will give them more time to work on my credit. At this time, I don't believe this company is a scam. I will keep updates here so you can see on average how long this process takes and what percentage of my credit has been improved. For $1500, I hope to see significant results.