Complaint Review: Better World Books

• Updated: Tue, March 05, 2013

• Reported By: Dustin — San Antonio Texas USA
Better World Books
1105 Lakewood Pkwy # 205 Alpharetta, Georgia United States of America

Better World Books TERRIBLE SCAM! THEY SAY THEY HAVE STUFF THEY DO...NOT...HAVE! COMPLETE SCAM AND WASTE OF TIME, MONEY, AND EFFORT FOR CONSUMER! STAY AWAY!!!! Alpharetta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: yes it's the same company

*General Comment: IS this the SAME company? Or an error?

*Consumer Comment: Good Delivery everytime

*Consumer Comment: So far, so good

Bought a used textbook from them once I received my financial aid, book didn't show up, but I did receive an email saying the post was inaccurate and the book was not available. I was pretty upset, seeing that it put me a week behind in school and I was STILL without a book. Oh well, stuff happens, we're not perfect.

I was still supposed to receive a statistics application from them.... The shell of the software showed up, WITH NO CD INSIDE! Sent them an email, they said they are going to get back with me, don't hear from them for a couple days, and finally I get a response saying they will issue a refund if I do this, jump over that moon, then do a little of that. I'm not the one advertising products that I don't have so why should I have to abide by their rules to get a refund for a service that wasn't rendered...? So here I am, now TWO weeks behind in school, and I don't even have the math program I am supposed to have. Thanks a lot you rip off scam artists frauds. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 02:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-World-Books/Alpharetta-Georgia-30009/Better-World-Books-TERRIBLE-SCAM-THEY-SAY-THEY-HAVE-STUFF-THEY-DONOTHAVE-COMPLETE-489081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better World Books

yes it's the same company

AUTHOR: Stefani - ()

I have purchased books by mailorder many times from Better World Books and had no problems. Sometimes the books are sent from a partner bookstore, not BWB, but that is always clearly stated. I have stuck with reputable booksellers and had no trouble there either.
I live close to the partner? franchised? BW bookstore in Goshen, IN which seems to be run completely separately as they can't help with any online problems. I have never tried selling books as the bookstores computer program for purchasing has been on the fritz for many months, so they can't buy.
The company started in Indiana, and the warehouse remains there: they moved the corpoate offices to Georgia for tax reasons.

#2 General Comment

IS this the SAME company? Or an error?

AUTHOR: William - (United States of America)

The Better World Books firm described herein, this section, is located in Indiana. This Dec. 2012 complaint references a company in Georgia?. Posted in error perhaps?  I have had a positive experience with the Indiana firm!

Good Delivery everytime

AUTHOR: Kissoon - (United States of America)

I have purchased several books from Better world books since 2009 and have never received the wrong item or anything missing.  Don't give up on them.  No company is perfect.  You just happen to get 2 things wrong  in a row.  If they refund your money, what else can they do.  The concept of recycling books is a great idea.

So far, so good

AUTHOR: Mary - (United States of America)

I have done business with Better World Books numerous times. I've purchased books, textbooks and gifts from this company. I have never had any difficulty with them in any way. I love the fact that everything is Eco-friendly and shipping is always free. I have always recommended BWB to friends and family.