Complaint Review: Better World Books

• Updated: Fri, March 04, 2011

• Reported By: Azzure — Canton Michigan United States of America
Better World Books
Mishawaka, Indiana United States of America

Better World Books Yet another case of Better World Books claiming they never received a shipment for a book buybook. What a surprise. Mishawaka, Indiana

Better World Books is a scam. I sent them a number of books with an order totaling $147 and they claim to have lost it. I had never heard of them before but they offered the highest buyback prices online so I decided to try them out. Looking back I really wish I had done my research on them because their reputation is horrible. Just google them and you will notice the large number of orders that apparently get "lost" in transit on the way to them.

What angers me the most is that I KNOW they received my books. I always wrap all my books in on big cellophane wrap and tape my packing slip on the top book in the wrap. Then I fill the box with packing paper so there is no way anything can move in there. Yet somehow they "received" an empty box with a packing slip.

I emailed them and asked how they could receive the packing slip when it was wrapped in with the books and got no response.

What a bunch of scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2011 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-World-Books/Mishawaka-Indiana-/Better-World-Books-Yet-another-case-of-Better-World-Books-claiming-they-never-received-a-702877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better World Books