Complaint Review: Better World Books

• Updated: Fri, February 04, 2011

• Reported By: Student UF — Gainesville Florida United States of America
Better World Books
Mishawaka, Indiana United States of America

Better World Books betterworldbooks.com Scam Ripoff Lost Damaged Unpaid Buyback Mishawaka, Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Please let me assist you

Better World Books is a scam. They claim to have never received the book I sent them for the buyback program. 6 weeks has passed and ithas not been returned to me, and I have not been paid.This was a $100 book that I was selling for $50 just to get the money more quickly.

I have been sending and receiving books in the mail for 4 years by selling and purchasing them directly and have never had an issue. The FIRST time I ever send a book to a buyback program where there is no tracking, it is conveniently "lost".

Better World Books offers pre-paid postage that you can easily affix to the package and drop in the mailbox. The catch is that unless you go down to the post office to pay extra, there is no tracking number associated with the package. Once again, convenient.

They claim to donate a part of the buybackmoney to charity as well. I chose 'Invisible Children' because I am also involved with their charity through my university.Invisible Childrenhas alsobeen ripped off through Better World Books.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2011 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-World-Books/Mishawaka-Indiana-/Better-World-Books-betterworldbookscom-Scam-Ripoff-Lost-Damaged-Unpaid-Buyback-Mishawaka-687928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better World Books

Please let me assist you

AUTHOR: Better World Books - (USA)

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience selling your textbook. I would like to help you resolve the problem at the executive level. Of course, a misplaced book does not a scam make, but it does sound like we handled your situation poorly.Please contact me at johntu at betterworldbooks dot com and I will assist you.