Complaint Review: Better World Books

• Updated: Tue, April 06, 2010

• Reported By: Pualani — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
Better World Books

Better World Books SCAM! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Better World Books ROCKS!

Don't buy from Better World Books! I bought a much needed textbook.  They sent the wrong edition.  When I contacted them they didn't have the edition they advertised and told me to send back the book BEFORE they would refund my money!  They are scamers! They advertise a popular textbook, send you an outdated edition, refuse to refund your money until you, at your own expense, return the unordered book.  What assurance do I have that they will ever refund my money?  I NEED that money to purchase the book they advertised!  They have my money and I DON'T have the book they advertised!  DON'T BUY FROM THESE RIPOFF ARTISTS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2010 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Better-World-Books/internet/Better-World-Books-SCAM-Internet-590126. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Better World Books

Better World Books ROCKS!

AUTHOR: Amy1970 - ()

Better World Books is my first choice for books.  I am sorry to hear of a bad experience with BWB but I would suggest that it is not typical.  I have been purchasing books from Bettter World Books for years and have always had great experiences.  I have purchased many special out of print books that I remember from my childhood.  Unfortuanley, these treasures didn't survive the love of my siblings but I wanted to share them with my own children.  I have also purchased books that are in print but now only in paperback.  I have ordered books in French.  I have ordered things from the United States, the UK and France.  It has made some treasured literature part of our home libaray in an affordable way.  I would and do recommend Better World Books all the time and continue to shop there for gifts and for my family.  To buy a used book is special...my children called them 'pre loved' books.  Please don't hesitate to order from this organization because of one persons bad expereience.