Complaint Review: Beverly Hills Properties, Inc

• Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Courtney M — North Hollywood California United States of America
Beverly Hills Properties, Inc
9478 W Olympic Blvd #300 Beverly Hills, California United States of America

Beverly Hills Properties, Inc Atum - Manager Stole part of my security deposit for no reason - Thieves Beverly Hills, California

I was a tenant in an apartment in North Hollywood whereas I moved out in July 2012 after about 15 months. I gave my 30 days notice and had an inspection with the apartment manager. Everything was fine. I was told the apartment was pristine. Even the holes in the walls were spackled. The carpet was clean. Even normal wear and tear was not visable. The window and blinds were cleaned. I lived by myself and had a small dog.  The apartment was left in much better condition than when I moved in. Everything was spotless. I expected my full deposit to be refunded. The apartment manager did say that often the management did keep a $100.00 for cleaning. He couldn't guarantee they wouldn't do that. He suggested I contact the home office. I took (and have) pictures of every room in my apartment. It is clear to see this apartment is beyond clean. I left it 10 times cleaner than when I moved in. They had 30 days to return my deposit with an explanation if any money was taken out. [continued below]....
..... Well I called and emailed after 30 days and spoke with Debbie in the office. She couldn't help me and I would need to email the management- Atum. Which I did...several times, with no response. I gave my new address to the apartment manager and followed up with them that the address was correct. According to Debbie the return deposit was mailed out to the address I gave them. They are liars. First class lying thieves. I finally got my return deposit but it was $275.00 shy of what my deposit should have been. $100.00 for cleaning....WHAT!!! I have ask for a cleaning receipt and a copy of the names and telephone number of who cleaned and painted a CLEAN apartment. NO RESPONSE. What a surprise. They also kept $175.00 to paint the apartment. The walls were clean. Painting is also a normal process of owning an apartment. According to California law they can only charge me if something is outside of wear and tear. They basically stole my money to pay to have the apartment cleaned and painted with my money. Nobody cleaned that apartment because the apartment manager brought a couple in to see the apartment the same day I moved out. They all exclaimed how clean it was. My mom was there helping and witnessed exactly what took place. I want my money back and will file a complaint with the BBB and small claims court. I will also make it very clear to all the tenants in their apartments just what crooks these people are. I can certainly see if the apartment needed cleaning or painting as when I moved in. It was left a shambles then. It still was filthythe day I moved in. Dog hair everywhere.

Lastly, I will say while I liked this apartment I had RATS the whole time I was there. I complained and I think traps or rat poison was placed under the apartments, but I had them up until the day I moved out. DO NOT RENT from these people. They will screw you out of your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beverly-Hills-Properties-Inc/Beverly-Hills-California-90212/Beverly-Hills-Properties-Inc-Atum-Manager-Stole-part-of-my-security-deposit-for-no-reas-988293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beverly Hills Properties, Inc