Complaint Review

Address:
adultfriendfinder.com Internet U.S.A. Phone:

Category:
Dating Services

Beware Of Adult Friend Finder Automatic Renewal Feature Not Available or Fraudulently Used by AFF Internet

*General Comment: sorry to hear what happened stay away from adult friend finder

*Consumer Suggestion: auto-renew cannot be disabled

I've been a member of AFF for a couple of years.. I've met a few ladies through the service so that's not my complaint. The issue seems to be more about their deceptive practices. This is now the second time it's happened to me.

This is the issue. You purchase monthly subscriptions and if you buy more than one month, you get a deal. I've always purchased either three or six month subscriptions. They claim to have a feature that you can either turn the automatic renewal off or on. This means that if the subscription expires and you have the automatic renewal "on" it charges you automatically for an additional month.

The problem is that this feature is not on on the billing and credit history page as they claim in the FAQ resource page. Or it wasn't on my page now for the second time during my time with AFF.

The first time it happened, I thought it was my fault because I just didn't know where it was located so I had it turned "off" by the billing department. Well, last month, a monthly charge went through even though the automatic renewal was supposed to be "off".

So as the month came to an end, and I go to turn off the feature..and I can't find it on my account profile. I called the billing department, who were very rude even before I told them what my issue was. The lady claims that it's on my page..she logs in...then puts me on hold for 5 minutes. Then comes back and says that she's talked to the programmer because it doesn't seem to appear on my page.

After reading some other reports on this site, I realized that this is a common practice...where the feature doesn't show up or the automatic renewal is turned on all the sudden.

I decided to cancel my subscription and the lady practically kept me on the phone for another 5 minutes trying to convince me to remain as a member..or at least an "inactive member" so that I don't lose all my account history.

So, I don't know..could it be just truly be an issue on my page? Maybe..or with all the members that they have if they pull this trick off on a fraction of their customers and get a way with it..they are always ahead.

I can't remain a client of a business I no longer trust..

Jf07120
Fort Mcmurray, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2009 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Beware-Of-Adult-Friend-Finder/internet/Beware-Of-Adult-Friend-Finder-Automatic-Renewal-Feature-Not-Available-or-Fraudulently-Used-407388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Beware Of Adult Friend Finder

#1 General Comment

sorry to hear what happened stay away from adult friend finder

AUTHOR: hicklemr - ()

sorry to hear that. Here's a website that is little better http://goo.gl/2W5Chu I hope you everything situated adult friend finder doesn't pay their affiliates anything

stay away from adult friend finder in general, the company is publicly traded under friend finder networks and their affiliates group . Various Incorporated

#2 Consumer Suggestion

auto-renew cannot be disabled

AUTHOR: saasoh - ()

Change your credit card information to make it invalid.  I used an old expired card and I put

a bogus expiration date in.  So when the site auto-renewed the transaction blew up.

MORE FEATURED REPORTS