Complaint Review: Bicycles 101

Bicycles 101
1537 8th Street Florence, Oregon United States of America

Bicycles 101, Tim Hewitt , scams your money. Florence, Oregon

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Selfserving Ripp Off

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: banned from the store-- and others

*Author of original report: Bicycles 101

I agree and will second that !

It looks to me like any of the reviews that are positive for Bicycles 101 were written by the owner or current employee of the store. [continued below]....

..... They all read like a child writing an advertisement. Be very careful at this store because after the owner has your bike he will charge you whatever he feels like. Most times it is things you don't need at inflated prices. Reality is, no real cyclist in the area or from the east coast that come here to ride Hwy 101 will go in Bicycles 101 because it is well known that they rip people off while they demean them with personal questions that have nothing to do with bikes or guitars. You should not have to tell them if you have a boy friend or not to get service! I know because he bragged to me about how makes people explain their lives before he will work on their bike. There was a Radio Shack here in town that treated people like trash, they are out. Bicycles 101 is taking the same path. No one go's there!

I just found this old report and proof is Tim's wife is out the door divorced because she likes women. She hit on me every time I was in there. Wait so did her husband the owner! This store has no friends left that cycle. They have insulted every customer that ever came in the door. Half the time the owner smells like whiskey and his employees are pot heads that cant even fix a flat because they are stoned while the stereo blares in your face. I will be driving 50 miles to get repairs done at a professional bike shop that doesn't fire employees once a month. Proof again. Ask the owner how many employees he has had! I lost count when I stopped going in that scam store 2 years ago. I think his name was Chris. Chris related this story to me. Apparently he told the owner it looked bad when he groped and dry humped his fat girlfriend in front of the store. When I went back a month later Chris was long gone.

Too bad, he seemed like a nice guy. At least he didn't hit on me and sell me a bike that is too big. By the way this store will not accept returns. The owner deliberately sold me a bike that was too big for me and will not let me return it. I was told I chose it, so I can keep it. I know it was deliberate because Chris told me the owner just wanted to get rid of the bike because it had been there 2 years. Hopefully someone will open a new Bike Shop in Florence. This town would really support a professional bike shop that isn't perverse. Like the black haired guy employee that is from Norway or something. He was screaming about how much he hated Bush and that Christian scammers should all go to hell. He should go back to his own country and not scare the heck out of customers like me. I cant use my real name for fear of repercussions. I can tell you these stories because everyone else in town knows them also. This guy should just get out of town!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2010 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bicycles-101/Florence-Oregon-97439/Bicycles-101-Tim-Hewitt-scams-your-money-Florence-Oregon-561364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bicycles 101

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Selfserving Ripp Off

AUTHOR: Sue - (United States of America)

Your first clue this is a lie is the fact that this guy has no friends and never has. Ask any of the 100s that started to become friends and always end up having a problem. Of course its always the other persons fault. I once met 8 people from Florence at a different bike shop.
We all had the same story of being screwed over and hit on. Its no secret everyone in town knows about this guy and his no returns no guaranty and harassment.
Kicked out? Tim Hewitt has ripped off, bad mouthed so many people and business's that he cant even go into a local Tavern because he will get his ass beat.  Ask my boyfriend. That's right, I'm not married. Assumptions

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

banned from the store-- and others

AUTHOR: tim - (United States of America)

This was written by an ex friend who used to hang out at the shop.

We had to kick him out for various reasons.

He was banned from 2 other businesses here in Florence,

what does that tell you?

The other one is written by his wife.

All nonsense, and exaggerated.

Ask the other 3000 people we've sold bikes to in

the last 12 years , here in town.

Tim 541-997-5717

www.bikes101.com

Bicycles 101

AUTHOR: Erin - (USA)

Bicycles 101  Discrutled Employie put it mildly Florence, Oregon

I knew that employee and he was correct it is all true. Update is the owners wife divorced him for a woman. The only good reviews are written by current employees obviously trying keep a job.