Complaint Review: BidClerk.com

• Reported By: MV — Lake Forest Illinois United States of America
BidClerk.com
28 N. Clark St., Suite 450, Internet United States of America

BidClerk.com Fraudulent charges, Internet

Experience with Bid Clerk. This is another site that offers contractors leads to construction projects out for bid. I enrolled for the 3 day trial, for $5.95. Great. I understand, I have to cancel in the 3 day trial period, or be enrolled in the next package, at a cost of $79.95 per month.Here is the rub.

I enrolled for the 3 day trial on 12/5/2011, no problem. Upon reviewing my credit card statement, I was charged the $5.95 on 12/5/2011, the VERY next day 12/6/2011 I was charged $79.95 for the upgraded service. I did not even have the chance to cancel the 3 day trial.  I contacted my bank and put a stop payment, as well as contacted BidClerk, and cancelled the subscription. Got alot of uhh, uhh, well, uuh, a general idiot in their office.

Beware of these guys, I am stuck with the $79.95 this time, but they are a little to eager to grab the money. In doing more research, I see there are quite a few complaints of this nature against them.  To all contractors out there, stay away from BidClerk, Service Magic, Onvia,and the other "Lead" sites. They are all bogus in one form or another. DemandStar, which advertises government construction jobs, is doing nothing more than selling you public information!

Do your research, and homework......we can find our own leads and forget about these crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BidClerkcom/internet/BidClerkcom-Fraudulent-charges-Internet-806684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BidClerk.com