Complaint Review: BidFun

• Updated: Tue, October 20, 2009

• Reported By: Diane — Everett Washington USA
BidFun
14-18 Heddon Street Internet United Kingdom

BidFun Naxopresence UK Ltd BidFun.com represents itself as an ordinary 'auction' website. It's not! It's a SCAM! They take your $$$ and you win NOTHING! London, United Kingdom Internet

This website is the biggest rip off I have ever seen!  It represents itself as being a normal 'auction' website.  Big bold letters at the top of the screen say: 1. Create a FREE account 2. Buy bids 3. Bid 4. Win!  You also see nice graphics of the items they have up for 'auction'.  I was interested in the Wii by Nintendo, so I created a FREE account, bought $100.00 worth of credits and started bidding.

The website also encourages using a 'robot' to automatically bid for you so you will have a better chance of winning.  So I signed up for the robot too.  At the end of the auction I was the winner!  But oh, no, when the time ran out the clock changed to 'checking' and then added more time.  That's when I got suspicious.

So, I clicked on the 'Help' link and there was a list of questions, one of which said:

Can I get a refund for bid credits?

No, bid credits and bids are not refundable. One credit will be deducted from your account for each bid placed, either manually or through a robot, whether you win the auction or not.

So, then I clicked on:

How do I win?

Simple: the winner is the last bidder when the countdown timer reaches 0. You then pay the price of your last bid and any delivery costs, and the product is yours at a significant discount!

NB: the official countdown timer is maintained centrally on our servers, the one shown on your computer is maintained locally on it based on information received from our servers. It may happen that there is a slight delay in displaying the latest information. Only the countdown timer maintained on our servers is taken into account to decide which bids are valid and when the auction ends.

By now I knew I had been HAD!  This website is a scam.  No, worse than that....it's criminal.

I paid my $100 thru PayPal, and they said they couldn't do anything since the $100.00 had already been paid.  They did however, provide the phone number (in the UK) and a website where I could file a complaint.  The website is for the Internet Crime Complaint Center, www.ic3.gov.

I suggest everyone who gets taken by BidFun files a complaint with ic3.  These people need to be shut down!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2009 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BidFun/internet/BidFun-Naxopresence-UK-Ltd-BidFuncom-represents-itself-as-an-ordinary-auction-website-512354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BidFun