Complaint Review: Bid.com

• Submitted: Tue, April 08, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 08, 2008

• Reported By:Bay Roberts Other
Bid.com
1251 Westwood Bl. Los Angeles,, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-444-8124
  • Web:
  • Category: Auctions

Bid.com Blames shipping problems on customers Los Angeles, California

I made an online purchase through bidz.com making a payment with my credit card which I am thankful for. I needed this purchase delivered to a different address so I made contact with bidz.com by phone to pay for my order. This is their practice when you are sending to a different address as they claim they are protecting their customers from fraudulent activity. The package came back to bidz.com because FedEx couldn't deliver it. I contacted bidz.com through their customer support via chat telling them they had sent the item with my name on it and not the person I was having it sent to. They said they would resend it, it came back again.

I entered into another chat with them, they told me FedEx couldn't deliver it because it had a physical address and a P. O. Box and FedEx only delivers to one or the other. They informed me that they would not be resending my item and they would credit my account less the shipping costs. This would tell me that it is their mistake because they took the shipping information from me by phone. I done none of the data input for this order, I was asked the information and I gave it. If they had done a thorough job in the beginning none of this would have happened.

Yes the standard procedures of bidz.com when sending an order to an address different than your own is to be in contact with a human by phone or by chat so this practice leaves me not at fault and bidz.com at fault. I was told when having a chat that it clearly states that FedEx only delivers to one address and that it is clearly stated.

Funny thing is they were taking down the address and it was never clearly stated to me that I only needed to give the Street Address or the P. O. Box. Sad thing is I have other orders that I am worried about because I am posting this report.

Marie
Bay Roberts
Canada

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on BIDZ.COM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2008 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidcom/Los-Angeles-California-90024/Bidcom-Blames-shipping-problems-on-customers-Los-Angeles-California-324507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bid.com