Complaint Review: Biddeford Blankets

• Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: Trang P. — Morrisville Pennsylvania United States of America
Biddeford Blankets
300-302 Terrace Drive Mundelein, Illinois United States of America

Biddeford Blankets Useless 5-Year Warranty - Don't Buy Biddeford Blankets Mundelein, Illinois

I bought a queen size electric Biddeford Blanket in Dec. 2010.  It worked great until Jan. 2012 when 1 side of the blanket wouldn't heat up anymore.  I was happy that there was a 5-year warranty on their products, but little did I know, they'd NEVER give it to me in a reasonable amount of time.

Here's a timeline of how responsive Biddeford is:

• 1/15/12 - I emailed customerservice@biddefordblankets.com for a Return Authorization (RA) number and provided my information.

• 1/19/12 - I receive a generic response requesting the same information I gave them in my 1/15/12 email.  I respond and fill out their form.  The claimed turnaround time is 3-4 weeks in their email.

• 2/2/12 - No response from Biddeford for RA # yet, so I follow up.

• 2/7/12 - Still no RA #, so I follow up again.

• 2/19/12 - STILL no RA #, so I follow up yet again, and I mention that I'll spread the word (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) about their lack of response.

• 2/23/12 - STILL no RA and here I am on ripoffreport.com

What does it take to get Biddeford to issue a RA #?  I was hoping to get a replacement before the winter was over, but I've given up.  They obviously  don't care about terrible customer service. Buyer, beware - don't buy Biddeford Blankets because if they become defunct, you won't get a replacement!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Biddeford-Blankets/Mundelein-Illinois-60060/Biddeford-Blankets-Useless-5-Year-Warranty-Dont-Buy-Biddeford-Blankets-Mundelein-Illi-843747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Biddeford Blankets