Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Fri, March 25, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, September 07, 2008

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Bidz.com
3562 Eastham Dr Culiver City, California U.S.A.

Bidz.com I bid on a digital camera and got it for 365. But the camera they sent me was a much cheaper model valued at no more then $150 Culiver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

In April of 2004 I bid on a camera at bidz.com for a good price $365. Saw it on other web sites for much more. I did not recive the camera I bid on. They sent me a inferior cheaper camera that look like a disposeable valued at no more then $150 I checked on the web after I received the camera and found it for prices ranging from $100 to $150.

When I called the company I kept talking to several diffent people.Then they told me I had to call their supplier. I did and he told me that it was the same camera and I was not getting a refund.

So I went back to bidz.com and talked to them again they told me they would investigate the matter. They wouldn't return my calls but after sevel attempts I finally did get ahold of them again they told me that the company told them the same thing they told me no refunds. But they did not offer to take the camera back and refund my money either

I did not file charges in California because the Attorney General told me they do not handle personal matter such as this. So I filed charges with the Attorney General in the state of New York where the supplier is and with my state of Pa. . I did receive letters from both saying the same thing. That since I paid through paypal bidz.com would give me my money only if paypal said it was fraud.

Paypal said they couldn't handle the case and wouldn't even look into it because the investigation has to be done within 30 days after I had the complaint. Which I knew nothing about and I think they kept running me around until after the 30 days so I couldn't file with Paypal.

They eventually did tell me that they did take the company off their web site and they have filed charges against the company to get my money back but as of this date March 25, 2005 .That is all that has been done regarding my case.

Michele
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2005 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/Culiver-City-California-90232/Bidzcom-I-bid-on-a-digital-camera-and-got-it-for-365-But-the-camera-they-sent-me-was-a-136413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences this may have caused. We would like you to know that our company now more than ever takes extra measures to prevent things like that from occurring.

If you have any questions and concerns please feel free to contact us.