Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, September 06, 2008

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Bidz.com
3562 Eastham Drive, Culver City, CA 90232 Culver City, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 310-280-7373
  • Web:
  • Category: Auctions

Bidz.com, Inc. Bidz ripoff, may have committed mail fraud and deceived their cutomers ripoff abused & mistreated ripoff consumer fraud Culver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

Bid on 2 items from Bidz.com site.
First item was worth about $2200 and I won it for $600 and the 2nd item was worth $135 and I won this one for $36. After intense bidding in late April 2003.

Funny, after I won these two auctions I had the feeling they would give me some excuse and not send the items.
BUT LOST IN THE MAIL.?? COME ON!!

The first item was going to be a Mothers day present and the recipient was anxiously looking forward to it. When mothers day came and went, I emailed Bidz.com customer service and they claimed they sent it out the day after I paid for it.

Right away the customer service contact gave me a USPS tracking number (that did not work) and claimed they we going to file a claim with their insurance company. My $702 would be sent back in 30 days.

I did get my money back, but would have rather have the items. The person that would have received the gift was heart broken :(

I went to the post office and they said this could be a case of mail fraud.

It would cost me a extra $1700 to re-buy the items. what a rip

Ron
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2003 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/Culver-City-California-90232/Bidzcom-Inc-Bidz-ripoff-may-have-committed-mail-fraud-and-deceived-their-cutomers-rip-61578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. We would like to inform you that our customer service department has undergone extensive training to provide our customers with excellent customer service.

Unfortunately there was a time when we did experience some mail fraud. That is no longer the case, we ship via priority mail and FedEx. If a package

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Bidz.com Customer Service Team