Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Sun, October 07, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 08, 2008

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
Bidz.com
3562 Eastham Dr. Culver City, California U.S.A.

Bidz.com Unfair Bidding Practice Culver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

After losing a bid on Bidz.Com I recieved an email showing mwhat my bid had been and what the winning bid had been. The winner bid 1 cent. 1 penny!
My last bid was $32. The winner bid $34.01. I was unable to place a higher bid because unknown to me (or any other bidder who was bidding from the main page or from the "watch list" or from the "active bids" list the winner had used the Auto Bid page to place a bid of $34.01. Another bidder placed a bid for $33. I tried topping the (what I thought was $34 bid by the soon to be winner) and could not becuase in reality my bid was 99 cents and not $1.

I reported this to customer service at Bidz.com and they told me that they do not allow bidders to bid in any increment less than $1 and I have to give them the number of the auction on a bid I lost. I do not keep such information. I only keep the information on bids I win. I am dissatisfied and warn anyone else to make sure that you bid from the page that only has that item on it. Maybe you will see the 1 cent -- maybe not. I have not tried that scheme.

Bidz appears to be like all the online auctions and other internet jewelers -- buyer beware.

Anon
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2007 08:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/Culver-City-California-90232/Bidzcom-Unfair-Bidding-Practice-Culver-City-California-277642. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences this may have caused. We would like you to know that our company now more than ever takes extra measures to prevent things like that from occurring.

If you have any questions and concerns please feel free to contact us.