Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 05, 2009

• Reported By:La Jolla California
Bidz.com
www.Bidz.com Culver City, California U.S.A.

Bidz.com misrepresents what they sell. Culver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

I recent purchased a ring from bidz.com. The ring was listed at over $12,000, and I won the auction with a bid much lower than the estimated value of the ring.

I also asked for the appraisal documents. For $33 dollars I received a detailed, 1 page document from the American International Gemologists located in LA. I took my ring to a local, reputable appraiser, and he had a different story. He appraised the ring for $5,200, with a complete 13 page appraisal document.

I love the ring, and I am not complaining because I still got an excellent deal, but Bidz.com should not advertise a piece of jewelery to be double what it is worth. I looked over the two reports, and it looks like the original appraisers took the best attributes of all the diamonds and incorrectly linked them to the biggest stone, thus falsely raising the rings overall total value.

The appraiser I took the ring to did say that it was very solidly made, and seeing how I like the ring, and the deal I got on it, I am not that mad. Bidz.com should definitely be more careful on how they advertise their merchandise, and also that it is appraised correctly, or they will run into many problems down the road.

Jarrod
La Jolla, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2009 03:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/Culver-City-California/Bidzcom-misrepresents-what-they-sell-Culver-City-California-412990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Customer Service Team - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

We would like to begin by apologizing for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We would like to further evaluate the item in question and provide you with further assistance with this matter, can you please provide us with the listing number and username. Please email it to carenas@bidz.com.
If you have received an item that is not as we described it on our auction showcase, you have 15 days from the delivery date to return the item. All items are guaranteed
to be as described, we offer 100% money back guarantee if the item is not was we described it.

Please feel free to contact our customer service department for any questions and concerns.

Customer Service Team