Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By:East Aurora New York
Bidz.com
www.bidz.com Culver City, California U.S.A.

Bidz.com ripoff bad faith auctions They chose to deceived their cutomers for over 30 hours. Culver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

*Author of original report: Bidz.com keeps on denying their own ads

Interesting Followup to my previous report.

After they initially refused to honor the auctions I had won, the president of the company sent out an advertisement that they would honor the $1.00 auction promise even if they have further technical difficulties for the next 7 days, so rush right out and bid some more. This was a blatent attempt to capitalize on the fact that they were not honoring their promises and since they had fixed their problem they could build on the fact that they screwed people and used them as beta testers for 2 days.

Well I fired off a complaint letter to their customer service and they actually reinstated half of my wins. Of course they did not reinstate my biggest wins and told me that the items were not available anymore. Well the next day I actually saw two of the items relisted under different numbers and whipped off another email providing them with the information. Well so far they have simply ignored 2 emails and they will probably continue.

I have mixed feelings, they obviously know they did something wrong and are trying to compensate while they minimize their losses. They could have easily protected themselves by noting on their website during that time that they were experiencing technical difficulties and would not be able to honor all auctions. They chose not to and instead deceived their cutomers for over 30 hours.

If you feel you were taken by bidz then you should contact the BBB and file your complaint. Just make sure you are objective and report facts. Keep copies of all correspondence and the auction listings.

Marty
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2003 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/Culver-City-California/Bidzcom-ripoff-bad-faith-auctions-They-chose-to-deceived-their-cutomers-for-over-30-hours-55870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Bidz_auction - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your
experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have made some changes that will allow us to keep you as a customer. We are sorry that it took
some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by
submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better.

We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at [email protected]

Bidz.com keeps on denying their own ads

AUTHOR: Marty - (U.S.A.)

Filed a BBB complaint, basically got the same sob story about them being able to cancel auctions whenever they feel like it. They also deactivated my account when the BBB contacted them. I followed up with the BBB and added that they retaliated by cancelling my account. I'm waiting now for the BBB to correct their website in regards to unresolved complaints, since I see at least 3 here.