Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Mon, February 13, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, June 15, 2011

• Reported By:Daleville Alabama
Bidz.com
Culver City, California U.S.A.

Bidz.com ripoff false advertising, deceptive product practices Culver City California

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

I bid and won a "white gold" ring on bidz.com. When I received the ring, it looked like white gold, and I took it to get sized. When I got the ring back, it looked yellow. I asked the jeweler what was going on and he said that the ring was yellow gold, not white. Due to the popularity of white gold, some jewelers are plating yellow gold with rhodium to make it look like white gold. When I contacted bidz.com, the said because I had the ring "altered" (sized), this voided any refund or exchange. This was after I explained to them that they had falsely advertised their product and lied about the composition of the ring.

Erik
Daleville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2006 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/Culver-City-California/Bidzcom-ripoff-false-advertising-deceptive-product-practices-Culver-City-California-176039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Bidz_auction - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously and hope you'll allow us time to investigate this issue. When possible, we will contact you directly through email or by phone to offer a resolution. We may also respond through this site if we cannot reach you directly. If you would like to provide us with your order details and contact information or if you
would like to speak directly to a person in charge, please email us at improvements@bidz.com.