Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By:solon Ohio
Bidz.com
www.bidz.com Internet U.S.A.

Bidz.com I should have known better - If it's too good to be True, it is Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

Oh gracious. I have been wanting to upgrade my engagement ring for a long time. If I had just asked my husband to get a new one, he would have gone somewhere reputable and gotten whichever ring I wanted......sigh.......
INSTEAD, I thought, I'll get a bargain, I'll try this auction site. Yesh...... Bidz.com. I read the descriptions, I knew that the quality wasn't 5 star, but I figured, it looks good in the picture, it's got to be pretty good in person. NO!
WRONG! I think the person who made the ring was drunk as the workmanship was so shoddy it was laughable. The picture made it look beautiful. I wasn't expecting Tiffany's, but I wasn't expecting total crapola either. Holy cow, I have to say, I am embarassed I bought it. Real diamonds, REAL CRAPPY diamonds mounted on what looks to be plastic and crazy glue - heheh. It is sitting in a drawer somewhere. It isn't even worth the effort of returning. As for the retail value quoted on their site - HA! HA! I think the prices are what they would sell for in rupies, b/c the dollar amounts are INSANE!

FYI - I did ask for an upgrade and got it, but had to admit my embarrasing bidz.com debacle.

Also, as an afterthought, it is really scary that bidz.com has what appears to be a dedicated person/group of people just to monitor this site and respond. That shows more than anything that they are SHADY!

Foolhardy!
solon, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 10:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/internet/Bidzcom-I-should-have-known-better-If-its-too-good-to-be-True-it-is-Internet-359266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Bidz_auction - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously. As a result of feedback like yours, we have made some changes that will allow our customers like you to keep their accounts active. We are sorry that it took some trial and error and that you feel you were mistreated. Fortunately by submitting this comment, you have helped us make a change for the better. We sincerely thank you for your input and would like to hear from you regarding this post or any other concerns at improvements@bidz.com.