Complaint Review: Bidz.com

• Submitted: Sat, August 16, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By: South Australia Other
Bidz.com
3562 Eastham Drive Nationwide U.S.A.

Bidz.com What a rip off, looks like nothing more than costume jewelery that falls apart, expensive postage for low quality goods. Culver City California United States

*UPDATE Employee: Bidz.com

I thought I was on a winner, a web site with lots of jewellery on auction. The pictures and the quality looked good. The postage seemed expensive for such small items. Well I thought it does have to come to Australia and if the goods are as great as the pictures its worth it.
Gifts for friends and family I thought great, no driving around looking. Sit in the comfort of my home bidding, punching in numbers, winner, yeah, goods on the way.
Waited with anticipation for delivery to arrive, had ordered what I thought would be a fantastic ring for my partner, gold band with diamonds and a precious stone valued around the $700 mark, got it for $55. Things have been tough financially and wanted something nice for him.
Well what a dissapointment it was to get the package, rip it open to find what looked like nothing more than cheap costume jewellery, thin band and so called diamonds so small I could'nt see them and no sparkle in any light. The box I ordered for it cost $15 and turned out to be the nicest thing we recieved.
I had ordered other items and after reading what other consumers had said about rings on this site(which I stumbled onto) I tugged lightly on the pearl on top of the gold ring also with non existent diamonds and it came off all too easy, I could have cried, I ordered it for my mother who's birthday is coming up. The pearl necklace is laughable, unfortunately I have since bid on other items which I am praying that when they arrive are of much better quality than what I have already recieved. I have done nothing about sending anything back as I can not afford to be more out of pocket than I already am. I feel like a fool and will only stick with reputable Australian on line companies in future. I wish I had stumbled on this site sooner.

Shariece
South Australia
Australia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on BIDZ.COM

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2008 04:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bidzcom/nationwide/Bidzcom-What-a-rip-off-looks-like-nothing-more-than-costume-jewelery-that-falls-apart-e-363521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bidz.com

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Bidz_auction - (United States of America)

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your purchase and we offer our sincere apologies that you were unsatisfied with your experience. We assure you that we treat all customer feedback seriously and hope you'll allow us time to investigate this issue. When possible, we will contact you directly through email or by phone to offer a resolution. We may also respond through this site if we cannot reach you directly. If you would like to provide us with your order details and contact information or if you would like to speak directly to a person in charge, please email us at improvements@bidz.com.

devoted