Complaint Review: Big Apple Refinishing

• Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: jennifer — babylon New York United States of America
Big Apple Refinishing
980 Broadway, thornwood, New York United States of America

Big Apple Refinishing Eric, Owner of Thornwood location Bathtub peeled, scheduled appointment where they didn't provide all materials. Blamed me for not informing them the color and then when I got angry refused to cover warranty. thornwood, New York

In June 2011, I had called Big Apple refinishing  to reglaze my bathtub to a different color. They at that time did a great job and provided a 2 year warranty. In December 2012, my tub began cracking and the color underneath became visible. I called Big Apple since I was still in the warranty and they said they would come and fix it free of charge. They asked me to provide the receipt which I faxed promptly. I then called to confirm the fax and although he said they would come he questioned the logo on the receipt as if it wasnt theirs. I claimed this was the receipt I was given; he said hed see us that week.

They came on time that Friday ( a day I have to take off of work because they do not do Saturday or Sunday appointments). As soon as the worker walks in he tells me there was a problem. He was not told that my tub was a special color and therefore they would have to reschedule for yet another day. I was understandably furious. I explained that I had to take the day off of work and the worker told me to call the office there was nothing he can do.

I proceeded to call the office and state my problem. I was obviously upset and the owner although insincerely apologized said there was nothing he could do and I should call when I calmed down. I explained that I was calm, but upset which is when he told me that  he would not let my negativity ruin his day since he is happy and it was only 8:55 AM. I proceeded to explain how I again had to take a day off of work and how I too manage three hospital facilities and would never disrespect or interrupt clients while they were explaining their disgruntlement. He interrupts me and says What are we gaining from me hearing your story; I have 10,000 things happening here. I said excuse me, sir and he lashed back DONT CALL ME SIR, my name is Eric! I couldnt believe that an owner of a company that messed up not once, but twice would not be understanding and instead angry with me. I scheduled a next appointment in fear I would lose out on the $400 job.

My husband then learned of this incident and decided to call Eric because he was upset the way he talked to me. Eric denied interrupting  and lashing out saying not to call him sir. My husband asked, ..so now my wife is a liar. Eric proceeded to rant and rave about how he is a Christian and how Catholics (like us) go to church and curse in the church parking lots. My husband obviously grew angry at these accusations. To where Eric told him he sounded like Mafioso. We waited the week and then my husband called Big Apple.

Eric realizing who he was talking to said he would NEVER send somebody after the way they left off. Therefore I have to get another company and pay yet another fee. Our anger was understandable and does not warrant them voiding our warranty.  I requested a reimbursementof $462.72 from Big Apple since they did not do the job correctly the first time, did not inform the worker correctly and made me lose pay for a day of work  for no reason, and most importantly  did not hold up to the warranty. I have not received anything yet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-Apple-Refinishing/thornwood-New-York-10594/Big-Apple-Refinishing-Eric-Owner-of-Thornwood-location-Bathtub-peeled-scheduled-appointm-999086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big Apple Refinishing