Complaint Review: Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone

• Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Arcadia Florida
Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone
bigcityyp.com/ Internet United States of America

Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone BIG CITY YELLOW PAGES is a SCAM Online Internet

A telemarketer offered a free 30 day trial for web listing with all major search engines. The terms of this offer are not clearly explained, nor could I understand the dialect. I thought I declined until they could send me some information. I was informed I would be receiving an envelope in the mail in 5 - 7 business days so I could review all the information, which I never received.

Big City Yellow Pages now through Paymentone has billed my Embarq phone bill for three months of their service -- What Service? This offer is a scam, and the company is unwilling to reverse any of their unauthorized charges. Big City Yellow Pages clearly misrepresented the conditions of their service, presenting inaccurate and misleading information in a foreign accent I could not comprehend. This scam is designed to entice/trick innocent and perhaps all-too-trusting business owners, who are already in difficult financial situations, and then rip them off.

Not only that, but when I searched for the designated on Google, my company did not even appear --so they don't even deliver what they promise their service does, making it false advertising on top of everything else. I was trying to figure out why my phone bill was so large as I had cancelled my fax line to save money. I am a small business trying to survive in this economy. If they really had me set up with something that was working, people would have been knocking down my doors.

Fitness Guy Arcadia, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2009 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-City-Yellow-Pages-ZipWeb-Paymentone/internet/Big-City-Yellow-Pages-ZipWeb-Paymentone-BIG-CITY-YELLOW-PAGES-is-a-SCAM-Online-Internet-458542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone