Complaint Review: Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: Steffan — Martinez California USA
Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone
http://www.bigcityyp.com/ Internet United States of America

Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone Big City YP PaymentOne Corp My experience with this company is similar to others. Phone call promising free trial period with information and chance to cancel to follow in mail. Nothing ever received, refused to remove charge. Martinez, California

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Relations Coordinator

My Experience with Big City Yellow Pages is similar to others on this forum.  A telemarketer calls to offer free listing trial period and information to follow.   Nothing ever shows up in mail regarding this service.   I called to question the subsequent charge on my phone bill and was told that it wouldn't be removed.   Call center was rude and tried to tell me that it was an online directory, so I asked where the web page was to look at the service I was allegedly receiving.  The operator said it wasn't on a web site.  When I laughed and asked for the URL, she said I was being rude and put me on hold.  Never picked back up.

I called my local phone provider AT&T and reported this to them.  They said they would kick back the charge to PaymentOne.  We'll see if PaymentOne (Big City) follows up with me directly or refutes my refusal to pay for a fraudulent service.

I think if enough people report this to the Phone provider who must answer to the FCC, and PUC, then Big City might find themselves with some serious repercussions for such shady business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2009 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-City-Yellow-Pages-ZipWeb-Paymentone/internet/Big-City-Yellow-Pages-ZipWeb-Paymentone-Big-City-YP-PaymentOne-Corp-My-experience-with-487886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big City Yellow Pages, ZipWeb, Paymentone

Consumer Relations Coordinator

AUTHOR: PaymentOne Consumer Help - (USA)

PayOne is a billing aggregator which provides billing services to hundreds of merchant companies.

If you are being billed by PayOne and have questions about the charge(s) and are not able to reach our merchant, please contact PayOne directly.

Contact PayOne Consumer Relations Department by email at Consumerhelp@payone.com or by calling us at 1-866-262-3591 [Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM PST]