Complaint Review: Big State Industrial

• Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: Mickie — Nathalie Virginia United States of America
Big State Industrial
Iowa Ave riverside, California United States of America

Big State Industrial Big State Tools Company is a scam Big Ripoff! riverside, California

*Author of original report: Sorry got the name wrong name

*UPDATE Employee: Looking forward to a resolution

*Author of original report: Roberts Reply is False.

*UPDATE Employee: Return Never Received

Bigstate called me to buy a socket set.  Big ripoff!  Tools were made in China.  Told sales person that they would be made in USA were not.  Same set could have been bought at a Tractor supply for 49.99 they charged me 279.00  I returned them, now the company claims they did not receive it.

If you know a Susan Evans or Kellie Suttle that works for them, thell them I hope they enjoy being crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-State-Industrial/riverside-California-92517/Big-State-Industrial-Big-State-Tools-Company-is-a-scam-Big-Ripoff-riverside-California-955703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big State Industrial

Sorry got the name wrong name

AUTHOR: Mickie - (United States of America)

So you deny that  a Kellie Suttle works for you?
I am sitting here looking at a letter sent by her to me offering to "settle this" for $94.43
with your company logo on it and your website and your phone number 951-781-7883.  IS this information correct?
All the people that call me have this number coming up on the caller ID?  Does your company allow outside contractor or telemarketers to use your phone number?
It is amazing that you have the time to post reply to this, but not answer my emails?

I would love for you to answer these questions on this site.
When I get the tracking information from the trace I put on it I will send it to you.
If you were a reputable company, you would admit that you are wrong.  Also I would like to see this information that you claim that you have that I signed for it and I verified it.  Please attach a copy of it.  YOu have my email address.

Looking forward to a resolution

AUTHOR: Roger@BigState - (United States of America)

First and foremost, my name is Roger, not Robert. I can appreciate the number of complaints you have filed, and you are well within your rights to do so. However, these "calls" were never placed to us. Perhaps you placed them with the marketing company you ordered from? Once the order is submitted to us and you verify it, we have no contact with them on the order.

All of the written correspondence you have sent have not contained either of the two pieces of information we need; either a Proof of Delivery showing that the return you "claim" to have shipped arrived to us OR a check written for the amount of the order past due and payable for the merchandise you ordered, verified to ship, and received.

Roberts Reply is False.

AUTHOR: Mickie - (United States of America)

I emailed this Robert, and attached all written correspondence that I have had with them.  I have a letter from Kellie Suttle, in their credit dept.  Susan (or Sarah) claims to be in their credit department too.  I have filed complaints with the BBB, the CA Attorney General's office and the Virginia Attorney General's Office.
I have spoken to several of their employees or people to claim to be their employees, since April.
Order was received on April 20, I called them for the return slip, because they claim free returns if not happy, untrue, then sent it back priority mail.  I have a trace on it with the USPS and my local postmaster has involved the postal inspectors office.
Please anyone that has had a bad experience with this company, file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. It is quick and can be done online. Also file one with your states Attorney General and the BBB.
If there was the capiability I would attach all the written correspondence that I have had with this company.

Return Never Received

AUTHOR: Roger@BigState - (United States of America)

Big State employs no salesman. An order was submitted to us on Mr. Wagstaff's behalf, by an independent marketing firm. Our shipping dept contacted Mr Wagstaff on 4/2/12 at which time he stated all items on invoice were correct and he wanted the order shipped on a 30 day open billing.

The invoice became due on 5/4/12. We received no payment. We called once a week for a month until we finally reached Mr Wagstaff on 6/6/12. He stated that he was able to purchase the merchandise cheaper locally and had already returned the merchandise.

We continued calling for the next three months. We left multiple messages, but never received a call back. On 9/10/12 we received a letter from Mr Wagstaff that he had returned the order in April. The following day we sent a letter stating that we never received his return. We gave him until 9/17/12 to locate the merchandise for return or provide a Proof of Delivery.

We have yet to receive the order Mr Wagstaff claims he returned 6 months ago. The open invoice is still past due and payable.