Complaint Review: Big Vanilla Athletic Club

• Updated: Tue, October 29, 2013

• Reported By: Michael — Abingdon Maryland
Big Vanilla Athletic Club
26 Magothy Beach Rd Pasadena , Select State/Province USA

Big Vanilla Athletic Club Big Vanilla Bait and switch, Rip off, Dishonest, Misleading, Destroyed credit, Collection Agency Pasadena, Severna Park Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Issue resolved...

*Author of original report: Thanks For Restoring My Faith,.

I have been a faithful member at the Big Vanilla since 2011 paying on a month to month contract all was well until July of 2012 when I moved out of the area to Harford Co. I contacted Amanda Carpio by phone expressing my interest in opting out of my month to month agreement. Was told I would be released from my obligation and that I would not recieve any further bills. September I noticed auto drafts from my checking acct was still being made to Big Vanilla much to my surprise I called back they told me that I had to bring in proof that I had moved. Bitter and frustrated that they continued to charge my acct after I spoke to them and even though I was not utillizing the facility. With my move and starting a new job I forgotten to drive 40 miles back to Big Vanilla to provide proof of change of address. Now I've been receiving calls and letters from attorney's and collection agencies for $926. [continued below]....

.....90,. I have spoke to a lot of my family and friends that are members there who will not be renewing their contracts in fear of similar actions being taken against them. They have managed to take a happy faithful member who whould have given my full endorcement of the facility and turned me into a bitter advisary who will stop at nothing until everyone of their members are aware that their good credit is at jeopardy, and that they could be very well end up in court. Yes, it may be a harmoniest relationship right now but that will take a nasty turn for the worse once they try to terminate their agreement. I know because it happened to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2013 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Big-Vanilla-Athletic-Club/Select-StateProvince/Big-Vanilla-Athletic-Club-Big-Vanilla-Bait-and-switch-Rip-off-Dishonest-Misleading-De-1095477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Big Vanilla Athletic Club

Issue resolved...

AUTHOR: MemberCare - ()

We are pleased to report that this issue has been resolved with this member. His situation was inconsistent with one of our core values - to always take care of our Members. We welcome any Member to call us directly about any issue.

Thanks For Restoring My Faith,.

AUTHOR: Michael - ()

I just got off the phone with the general manager of Big Vanilla and I'm very pleased to say that we were able to resolve this issue and reconciled our differences. I was able to pay the early cancellation fee and sever our ties without any further remorse. I was so comforted with his professionalism and his ability to put me at ease. Thank You very much. If Big Vanilla were to open up a location in Harford Co area I would not hesitate to join again and refer my friends and family.

Most Sincere