Complaint Review: BigCommerce

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: BigCommerce Con — Texas
, Select State/Province USA

BigCommerce Interspire Shady liars who don't support their product Austin Texas

BigCommerce is supposed to provide and support a shopping cart service.  They provide garbage, and they don't support it.

I think everyone should be aware that they don't have SLA's.  That might not mean anything to you now, but when your site is down for 10 hours because they're incompetent it will.  Other providers guarantee 99% uptime.  BC is not capable of even coming close to that.

They don't do SLA's on support either.  I've moved 13 of my 19 stores to different providers because of how poor their support is.  Their software is riddled with bugs.  Everywhere.  They don't provide you with the same feature set that other providers do, because they want you to purchase one of their third party providers services.  Things like email notifications for example.  After you install a third party service of any kind, they refuse to support ANY of their product, because you customized something.  Let me be clear.  If I make a text change on my blog, and my email service stops working, it has nothing to do with my customization.

Hands down the worst service organization I've ever done business with.  I'm a programmer of 16 years.  I have built hundreds of stores.  Written hundreds of apps.  Supported critical products for fortune 500 companies.  I'm not technically challenged.  They hide behind Salesforce, and pretend that they don't see your emails.  They close cases that are unresolved just because, well f*** you that's why.  They take days to respond, and when you provide them with additional information they just ingore it.

To put this into perspective.  Due to some major issues with their latest releases I've had to open nearly 150 support tickets.  You don't have a choice, because you don't get access to anything but template files.  Out of those 150 tickets, as of right now, 2 have been successfully resolved.  They were both to tell me that I couldn't do something that I can do on every other cart provider.  The other 148 are unresolved.  At this point 46 have been closed without being fixed, and the rest are being ignored.

I contact them on live chat, phone, even facebook when they ignore those.  Nothing is ever done about anything.  The ripoff here?  You're paying a fortune for a service, not a product.  That service includes support.  They dont' provide it.  Period.

If you're looking for a cart provider, go elsewhere.  BC lures you in with their use of whitespace and clever marketing, and then makes your life a living hell until you find someplace else suitable to rebuild the business you just invested thousands of dollars and hours in building.

BigCommerce - If you see this, I want you to know that you are nothing but a ripoff.  You've pissed off a customer that spends thousands a MONTH with your BS organization.  I've requested that you have someone with some level of accountability contact me 50 times to no avail.  No account managers, no management period.  Accountability and good support are the pillars for good business.  You fail at both. You're stealing my money because you know it's more costly to move a store than to fight you.

Con-artists, ripoffs, absolute sheisters..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BigCommerce/Select-StateProvince/BigCommerce-Interspire-Shady-liars-who-dont-support-their-product-Austin-Texas-1132278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BigCommerce