Complaint Review: Bigfishgames Big Fish Games

• Reported By:SLC Utah
Bigfishgames Big Fish Games
http://bigfishgames.com/ Internet U.S.A.

Bigfishgames Big Fish Games Big Fish Games auto-charging my account Internet

*Author of original report: Two years later... a form letter.

*UPDATE Employee: Big Fish Games

My wife bought a couple of games from Big Fish Games, just time wasters like Mystery Hunt or whatever. I was fine with this until I started to notice charges when she hadn't bought any games in awhile.

Apparently they had signed her up for a 'club membership' without her consent. We had four of these charges by the time I noticed. I called the number on the charge and had them reversed. I'm considering calling my bank as well, to make sure no NEW charges get filed.

There was no problem reversing the charges, though the woman I spoke to was VERY terse and rude. It was pretty clear she was used to getting these kind of calls on a regular basis. She barely spoke clearly to me and kept treating me as if I was angry, regardless of how calmly I asked my questions. She snapped at me, sighed a lot, and would continue to read things off faster then I could understand them.

I've worked phones before; I don't envy her job. Which is why I always try to be reasonable and polite when I have to call a call-center. But it didn't matter what I said or how I said it; simply calling her was apparently 'unreasonable' and she was going to be rude to me in response.

They claim to be reversing the charges and say it will take up to seven days and etc for it to go through, though she was VERY adamant that they cannot refund the charges that were actually tied to game purchases, she would only get angry with me when I would ask which charges these were.

I've asked my wife never to use that site again, as I am venomously against any website which automatically charges my card in that fashion. And I'm reporting here as well, so others know to beware. They may sell games, but watch your account. They'll sign you up for things you did not agree to and then charge your card. It's a very common thing on the internet. It's why they're so ready to reverse the charges; they know that what they are doing skirts the law and could easily get them in trouble.

V
SLC, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2008 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bigfishgames-Big-Fish-Games/internet/Bigfishgames-Big-Fish-Games-Big-Fish-Games-auto-charging-my-account-Internet-334282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bigfishgames Big Fish Games

Two years later... a form letter.

AUTHOR: Vilkacis - (U.S.A.)

Two years later, you reply with a form letter. A form letter that isn't even formatted properly.

You don't address anything that was said in the original complaint. You do nothing to re-assure potential customers or previous customers about your service. Just, cut and paste and move on..?

There are like 3-4 other complaints on this site, specifically about your monthly recurring charges coming out of nowhere. Are you going to paste a form letter there too..? Can... can you at least fix the formatting first..?

I would appreciate it if you would actually fix the problem at hand rather than blandly attempt to reassure us with poorly-thought-out form letters. Namely, make it very obvious what is a monthly recurring charge and what isn't. Conducting honest business would be a nice change of pace.

Big Fish Games

AUTHOR: Big Fish Games - (United States of America)

Big

Fish Games prides ourselves in helping every customer individually so that we

can present a suitable solution for any issue. We have an A+ rating with the

Better Business Bureau (BBB) and will work hard to help every customer with

any issue they may have when using our site or games.

We can

be contacted directly at: http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com