Complaint Review: BikeCaffe Franchising LLC

• Updated: Thu, March 21, 2013

• Reported By: HonestWomenGetRipped — Havana Internet
BikeCaffe Franchising LLC
4700 Sterling Drive Boulder, Colorado United States of America

BikeCaffe Franchising LLC Will Shakesheff, Mislead Me to invest into a Franchise and took my 19,450 and never gave me anything for it. Ripped Off Boulder, Colorado

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Company Response

I had spoken to Ralph Massetti, who pressure sold me into wiring his company cash to run my own Bike Caffe franchise. I sent the money and have never heard from them again. Many excuses and months had passed and no communication. Real criminals and seem to be the best salesman I have ever been taken advantage of. They stole my cash and never gave it back. They need to be charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. $19,450. I now cannot feed back children and family. My husband had a heart attack because of this and we are all devastated. I have called the police and its such a long process. Please spread the word on this crook.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BikeCaffe-Franchising-LLC/Boulder-Colorado-80301/BikeCaffe-Franchising-LLC-Will-Shakesheff-Mislead-Me-to-invest-into-a-Franchise-and-took-1036770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BikeCaffe Franchising LLC

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Company Response

AUTHOR: TBCRebuttal - (USA)

We have reviewed this report and attempted to determine who the effected party was that posted this complaint, in order to determine if any remedies are appropriate.

To our knowledge we have no such customer described and have concluded from that this report is false and posted either by an unethical competitor or another unrelated party.

It is unfortunate that RipoffReport permits unverified complaints that often damage reputable businesses in the process of exposing the "crooks". With such a visible and damaging public forum being accessible to ANYONE anonymously, it is not a surprise to see abuses such as this growing in number.

We are hopeful even the most critical of consumers will see from the narrative below that this report is false and intended to hurt an ethical and well-intended company and its managers.

Lastly, the Franchise Industry is among the most regulated industry in the country. If a franchise buyer has a dispute there are numerous, free of charge and available state and federal agencies that would fight on a buyer's behalf. Filing a ROR is totally unnecessary if a buyer has a legitimate complaint, as their claims WILL be remedied swiftly by these resources.

We have addressed each accusation from the Complainant's Report below.

1. "I had spoken to Ralph, who pressure sold me into wiring his company cash to run my own Bike Caffe franchise." - The company DID NOT accept bank wires unless the buyer was international and they were required. Checks or credit cards were the accepted forms of payment.
  2. "I sent the money and have never heard from them again. Many excuses and months had passed and no communication." - This is clearly invented. The complainant reports they "have never heard from us", but then immediately reports that "we gave many excuses over many months". Clearly, both these "facts" cannot simultaneously be true.
  3. "Real criminals and seem to be the best salesman I have ever been taken advantage of." - This is not only opinion, but slanderous to the parties named. We again invite the complainant to contact the company if they are legitimate.
  4. "They stole my cash and never gave it back." - The "wire" is now reportedly "cash".
  5. "They need to be charged and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. $19,450." - We presume the number here refers to the amount "stolen". A purchase of one of the company's franchises was generally twice that amount (depending on equipment) and there is not a single transaction of that amount in the company's accounting.
  6. "I now cannot feed back children and family. My husband had a heart attack because of this and we are all devastated." - If this were true, we would truly be concerned. It is clearly a poorly written and dramatic fictional statement.
  7. "I have called the police and its such a long process." - The company, nor its management has ever been contacted by the Police for this or ANY business engagement.
  8. "Please spread the word on this crook." - Whoever reported this clearly intended to falsely do just that.
  9. "Report location reported as Havana Cuba" - The company has never done any business in Cuba.